Sunday, July 14, 2019

Pie & Ice Cream Night

On every trip I try to host a pie & ice cream night with Lem, the Ohtas, & Jessie. Sometimes there are less of us, sometimes more. Tonight there were 8 of us; Jessie wasn't feeling well so she didn't come. Because I forgot that this was Sunday when we got to Takata Store to buy the ice cream we found they were closed; we had to go to Nakahara Store in Hāwī. They have a very limited selection of ice cream compared to Takata so we ended up with Dave's Hawaiian Gourmet Ice Cream's Coconut Macadamia Nut Ice Cream to go along with the Passion Orange Guava Pear Pie from Hawaiian Pie Co. Everyone enjoyed the pie & ice cream.

L to R: Aunty Florence, Lem, Wayne, Kai, Tomiko, Arlene, & Joy.

Fun fact about Dave's Hawaiian Gourmet Ice Cream, it is made in Pearl City. When we were on our way to the airport we drove right by their plant! I was wondering about their ice cream because I had never seen it before.


On my last trip I took chips, salsa, & guacamole to the Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center at lunch time when I went to pick up the carriers for Feather & Fur. I did the same today; but this time Kai went with me. Since it was Sunday only Patrick & 2 of the volunteers were there.

Did you know there is a winery located on Hawaiʻi Island? It is the Volcano Winery. I had read about it and another on Maui in an in-flight magazine a couple of years ago; today I found a bottle from Volcano Winery at Nakahara Store. I also found out online that I can get it on Oʻahu.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Crews, Dr. T., Dianne, & Brenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment