Saturday, July 27, 2019

Dadʻs Temporary Room

I forgot to mention yesterday that Cynthia called to say they had a room for Dad; it was not the nice one I went to see after the Care Conference. It is a room on the 3rd floor, although it has 3 beds he is currently the only resident there. It is on the northwest side of the building so it has a view of the southeasterly side of St. Louis Heights; it is basically the same view that he sees when he is sitting on the 2nd floor lanaʻi. There is a nice breeze that blows through so it's also cooler.


Prior to Dad's Care Conference, Cynthia had left a message offering Room 206 to the family of another resident; they decided to take the room so it was not available for Dad. Cynthia was able to find another room for Dad so that he could be moved away from Mr. Pires during the period that he is infectious; though we still don't know exactly what Mr. Pires has or how much longer he will be infectious.

I got up on time today! Yay! As I started my morning walk it began to drizzle lightly; not enough to stop me from walking. As I completed my lap around the circle I saw Wendy further down Lurline with Mickey & Bella. Later I saw Calvin the Recycler as he was heading down from the park. I ran in to Ona twice today; Rio wasn't with her since it's the weekend. 
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with the early-rising dogs. Then Lorraine came by with 2 double pikake blossoms for me! I told her I still had the starts in water and one of the had a small bloom; I also told her that 2 of the starts might be going to Wisconsin! While Lorraine and I were talking it began to rain.


Dad was asleep in the new room when I got in this morning. Only his wipe warmer was there but it wasn't plugged in; it was also almost empty.  I remedied that situation, then started moving the essentials to the new room; since this is only temporary I did not want to move everything. CNA Monalisa brought Dad's breakfast in; I told her what Dad's routine is. He ate only half of his fried egg sandwich but all of his papaya; there was no banana this morning. Dad drank 120 ml each of cranberry juice and water. Yay!


For whatever reason, I was still tired today; I slept through the start time of my mid-morning walk. In hindsight, it was better so that I could be around to help the staff on working with Dad; for example I let RN Grace know that we are no longer giving Dad straws. I made a conscious decision to skip my afternoon walk so I could let the incoming shift know about Dad's habits. Both RNs (Grace & Kiyome) and all 3 CNAs (Monalisa, Ernest, & Aladin) had worked with Dad before on the 2nd floor, though only as substitutes not the primary staff working with him.

Lunch today was Steak & mushroom sauce, Steamed rice, Vegetable of the day, Tossed salad, Boston cream cake, and Tomato bisque soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts; he drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I saw Mrs. Tanaka's son walk by Dad's room this morning! Which means the last of the regulars that I know has been accounted for.

I  follow The Pipeline Bakeshop & Creamery on my Instagram account. That's how I found out about their ube cake bomb as well as Ube Ube ice cream. Since today is the last day for these flavors I stopped by to pick up a cake bomb to share with The Roommates; I also tried to get a pint of the Ube Ube ice cream but they were out so I got a pint of Chocolate Money instead.
Ube cake bomb.

Today is Saturday; we should not be getting a paper today. I couldn't find a paper on my way out to the car, yay! As I slid in to the driver's seat, I looked out the windshield. Aue! The paper was on my the hood of my car!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Rachael! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao #6 to Eleta & Trish!

No comments:

Post a Comment