Monday, July 15, 2019

Leaving Moku o Keawe

We left the Big Island today, we had things to do in Honolulu. Before we left the fencing supplies were delivered. I was hoping the fence would be done before we left so that I could secure it, have multiple keys made, and distribute then. No such luck. If they are done before Tomiko leaves she will take care of getting a chain and lock and making multiple keys. Other wise I will return and do it another day.
Fencing materials being unloaded.
My soon to be fence!
I requested coated wire so it would last longer.
This is the 'before fencing' photo.

Tomiko called to find out from the Department of Agriculture whether she could take the hāpuʻu, pikake, and tillandsia with her. They told her she needed to take them to the ag office in Kona for an inspection. Because of the amount of time needed to do their trip to Hilo today she decided to skip it this time and try for another time. I wrapped the hāpuʻu in 2 cups to protect it while it traveled in my backpack.

It was so nice & clear this morning I could see a lot of Haleakala from the living room window. The view will be even nicer from the windows of the "new', "improved" sewing room once it is built.


And last night the moon was almost full. This is from about 1 in the morning.


I filled up the Challenger; other than when I first got it I have only driven around town so it didn't take much to fill up. The access to the fill tube for the gas tank is straightforward. I found the Challenger effortless to drive; I could easily go too fast without realizing it. But it's not made for more than 2 people.
Just open it up, there's not even a lock on it.

By the way, when I returned the car to Alamo, I was asked how it was driving it. I was honest & told them I would have preferred the Impala without the mold so we could have taken Uncle Kazu out; they knew about "that one." The supervisor took $150 off my rental cost due to the inconvenience. Winner!

We had lunch at the Laniakea Cafe inside the airport. Kai had a pasta salad & I had the Garden Burger.




Our gate was listed on our boarding passes, but not shown at the gate. Not sure why that was, but the gate also wasn't shown on the arrivals & departures board. And there weren't many people waiting there either; I figured we'd find out soon enough if the gate was changed. It turned out to be our gate, it was just a very empty flight, like only about 40 people. Our luggage also came out quickly at the other end, our bags were in the first dozen bags on the conveyor.



Because Kona International is an open air building I was able to do my eBird checklist while we were waiting for boarding to start. Here are a couple of the species that were walking around in the terminal.
Yellow-billed Cardinal.
Differently-abled Zebra Dove.

When we arrived the traffic was really bad. Curtis had picked us up in the RAV4, so he took us to his house, where we had dinner while we waited for the traffic to die down. Lori had made corned beef & cabbage and there was also some leftover meat jun from the night before. We ended with Royce chocolates for dessert.
 

We left after dinner and headed home. But I forgot I had no keys! Usually Curtis lets me in with his set. I texted The Roommates to see when someone would be home. The Roommate Who Likes To Wash Dishes called, he was at Don Quijote getting dinner then catching the bus home; he said if we wanted to pick him up it would be faster. So we did.

When I unpacked I found 2 TSA flyers in my suitcase! I don't know if they searched it twice or just decided to add to my collection of TSA flyers that I keep attached to the inside of my suitcase in plain sight; I've already gotten 11 of them.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mr. Shiraki, Pembo, Paula, & Karon!

No comments:

Post a Comment