Thursday, January 2, 2020

A Visit with Aunty Judy

We went out for pie with Aunty Judy this evening; Kai wanted see her before he left. We picked her up after dinner and went to Anna Miller's for pie; Aunty Judy & Kai had coffee with their pie, I had green tea. They both had the Haupia Strawberry; Kai had his ala mode. I had the Haupia Chocolate. We had a great visit with her, but it was too short! Next time we will get together with her earlier in Kai's visit.

This is what my tea originally looked like; they forgot my tea bag!
Haupia Strawberry pie ala mode.
Haupia chocolate pie.

As I drove up this morning I saw Ona & Rio on Lurline; then near the parking lot I saw Nikolas & Aya. During my sunrise walk I Mike & Dulci on the circle as well as Ona & Rio again. I saw Lynnette at the bottom of Lurline. I didn't see anyone else until I saw Gerry at the top where Lurline and Sierra intersect with Maunalani. While we talked Lynnette came by & started down Lurline on her way back home. We also saw Mike & Dulci with Mike's 3 grandsons & his daughter-in-law; they've been living with him for the past year while his son Mario is deployed overseas. Towards the end of our talk Tina started her walk with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes after Sunrise on Sierra. I have no idea why I forgot the photo from Maunalani.

I saw the White Cockatoo again this morning in a tree on Lurline near Monterey. It didn't stay very long; I did not see it again during my walk.
Not very good, but the best I could get today.

I realized today that I forgot to take a photo of the Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow flowers yesterday. I have not forgotten that I said I would take a series of photos of the color changes; I just forget to get one of the photos and have to start all over again. But because I can't get a complete series before I leave I did not take a photo today; it'll have to wait until I return.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed this morning; he finished all of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water. After breakfast he went to sleep; I left shortly after he went to sleep, I still had a lot to do before I leave tomorrow.

I started by cleaning up the dining room table; the table cloth needed washing. Since it was now raining, I went to put it in the dryer and found The Roommates' clothes in the dryer. Aue! But I also found $2!


I also wanted to move the table back against the wall to open up more space in the dining room. I moved the munchies that had been cluttering up the kitchen counter to the dining room table; it gives us more room for food prep as well as a place to eat. It also removes the high carb munchies from my line of sight when I am hungry!


We also worked on getting Kai's books packed up. Over the last few trips he has purchased a bunch of used books but could only take a few with him; one time I had to return to the airport and pick up 14 pounds of books! He would have had to pay $100 for his overweight suitcase. He ended up sending 4 boxes of books and 2 boxes of omiyage back to himself. He also mailed 3 packages to friends. He only had a backpack and a small carry-on; he had forgotten to plan for buying omiyage or receiving Christmas presents while he was here.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ummihan & Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment