Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A/C Installation Begins

Cory arrived about 9 this morning, closely followed by Mark & Alex; Aaron arrived about 30 minutes later and Christopher stopped in about lunch time to check on Cory's progress. Cory installs the air conditioning equipment; the others are electricians and run all the new wiring that is needed and connect to the breaker box. The scheduler has them here until the end of Friday; after looking it over they think they might be done by the end of the day tomorrow.
Alex gets ready to crawl through the attic.
Some of the hardware installed by Alex, Mark, & Aaron.
Cory added a base to attach the cooling units to the wall.
The operation manual and remote control.

I got up late; I turned off my alarm and was just going to get a couple more minutes of sleep. My alarm to tell me its time to leave the house woke me up! I took Wilhelmina Rise straight up and was able to start walking close to sunrise. During my drive up this morning I saw no regulars but that was probably because I was late and took a slightly different route. During my walk I saw Mike and Dulci just starting their walk. Towards the end of my walk I saw LaVie in the distance coming up Sierra. As I was leaving I saw Kelly at his house.
Eighteen minutes to sunrise at home.
Six minutes to sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I saw the White Cockatoo again! I heard it first, calling from a tree near the intersection of Lurline and Monterey. As I walked down Monterey to see if I could find the White Cockatoo it flew off! But I found it again; it was in one of the trees on Lurline that I stop at to see what birds are in the tree. I took a bunch of photos until it flew off to the Norfolk Island Pine in the sharp curve on Lurline.


I put Luna out in the cat run while Cory and Alex were going in and out of the house with equipment and tools. We couldn't find S'mores; she was hiding somewhere in the house while the work was going on. Luna did not like being kept out of the loop! Early on, when Cory first arrived and was checking the layout, she followed him all over and was in the way. For the first 15 minutes or so in the cat run she spent a lot of time climbing up the screen door meowing to be let in; I sprayed her with the water bottle. She tried a couple more times; got wet a couple more times. Then decided to just chill outside.
What's going on in there?
Maybe if hn jn I climb higher I can get in?
I guess I'll take a nap.

My goal today was to do more organizing in the kitchen while the first unit was being installed in a room. Then, after all the inside work for a room was done; I would clean up after Cory. But the plan is to hang the units today, then complete the drilling and other dirty work tomorrow. So no cleaning up for me. And no kitchen organizing.

I made cinnamon rolls today; they are not low carb. They were for Cory and the rest of the crew. These are Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the can, not my homemade-from-scratch-with-raisins-that-have-been-soaked-in-rum cinnamon rolls. I need to find my Bread Made Easy cookbook to make those. It's a very educational book; each chapter focuses on one aspect of the bread making process and each successive chapter builds on the knowledge practiced in the previous chapter. There are several recipes in each chapter to help you hone the skills you have learned in that chapter. I got as far as the cinnamon roll chapter and stopped; they are so good there did not seem to be any reason to go any further! I will have to try to get through the rest of the book; by the time I find it I should be off this low carb diet. Winner!


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate picked up lunch for me today; he was returning from a medical appointment and called to see if I wanted Filipino food from San Nicolas Chicharon & Sausage. He brought home pork adobo for me! When I first opened up the container it looked to be about 50% fat by volume! As I ate my way through, it appeared to be more like only 40% fat.


Art homework today was reading Jane Blundell's section on plein air painting; she talks about brushes, sketchbooks, etc. She also shows a number of sketches that she has done, too; some from as far back as 1981. I would love to take a class from her; too bad she is in Australia. I will have to check with Hawaiian Graphics for local classes. (Though traveling somewhere to paint is not out of the question either. Bobbye and I had talked about doing that.)


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate shared some of his art with me plus a video of what he would like to learn how to do; One Stroke Painting. His medium would be acrylics. Since I needed to pick up the 2 colors to complete my palette, and Cory finished just before 4 pm, I decided to go to Hawaiian Graphics and invited The Potential Most Favorite Roommate to come along with me. When we got there I told him I would give him an early birthday present and buy up to $50 worth of art supplies for him, like I do with Kai. He chose a set of acrylic paints; he already has the brushes from when he was painting a few years ago. But he had cheap paints which have since dried up or molded and needed new paints. I told him the next time Kai visits we should arrange a day for us to all go out and do some artwork! (FYI Hawaiian Graphics does not have classes. Aue!)
The Daniel Smith watercolor paint display at Hawaiian Graphics.
What I bought today.

I am starting to burn fats but very slowly. Like yesterday, as the day wears on I see a little more ketones being excreted but not a big increase like that one the other day. I think once I get back to the 2 or 3 walks a day I should see a big increase in fats being burned.
At 8:23 am; after sunrise walk.
1:11 pm; after lunch.
3:51 pm; before dinner.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment