Saturday, January 4, 2020

Cabbage Patch Restaurant

We went to dinner with Anne, Mary Kay, Catie, and Catie's friend Gray this evening. A couple of the places in Everett that Anne wanted to go to had 1&1/2 hour waits so we ended up in Snohomish at the Cabbage Patch Restaurant. Anne had the Turkey Dinner, Mary Kay had the Mini Chicken Pot Pie, Catie had the Fettuccine Alfredo with no meat, Kai had the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, Gray had the Fettuccine Alfredo with gluten free noodles and garlic bread, and I had the Fresh Northwest Wild Sockeye Salmon.
Turkey Dinner. (Photo by Anne)
Mini Chicken Pot Pie. (Photo by Anne)
Fettuccine Alfredo with no meat; the gluten-free looked the same. (Photo by Catie)
Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. (Photo by Kai)

We also had dessert; Cabbage Patch is known for their homemade pies. Anne had Strawberry Rhubarb, Mary Kay had Marionberry Cobbler, Catie had Lemon Sour Cream, Kai had Chocolate Kahlua Cream, Gray had Cheesecake of the Day, and I had Millionaire Pie.  
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Ala mode. (Photo by Anne)
Marionberry Cobbler Ala mode. (Photo by Anne)
Lemon Sour Cream Pie. (Photo by Anne)
Chocolate Kahlua Pie Ala mode. (Photo by Kai)
Cheesecake of the Day.
Millionaire Pie.

On the plane Kai and I traded seats; he was supposed to be in a window seat and I had an aisle seat about 4 rows away. His stomach had been upset since the morning and he didn't want to be trying to get to the lavatory fast from and inside seat; fortunately the upset stomach had disappeared.

I was unable to fall asleep; my back was really sore on this trip. I wonder if it was the steam cleaning? I ended up just watching movies for the trip. I started with Crazy Rich Asians and ended up watching the new Godzilla.


Near the end there is a party and swimming pool scene.
The venue is suspended on skyscrapers; I sure hope their building codes are better than ours!
I was watching Godzilla because Kai said the shadows were kapukahi. I don't think I got to that part of the movie.
My viewing of Godzilla was cut short by our approach to the airport.

Since we boarded the flight at around 10 pm and we landed at around 5:15 am there was no meal during the flight; Kai was very hungry since he had essentially only had water on Friday since his stomach was upset. We stopped at the Starbucks in the airport for him to get something. He came back with a Dragon Drink and a breakfast sandwich.
Dragon Drink.

As usual we took the airport shuttle to Mary Ellen's house; we arrived around 7 am. No one was awake. Kai had forgotten to tell them what time we would be arriving. Aue! We called their cell phones and heard them ringing downstairs. So Kai rang the doorbell and we heard Louie barking on the other side of the door; that was the first sound we heard out of him in the 10 minutes or so that we were standing right outside the door!

We dropped off their omiyage, got Kai's  car keys, and headed up to Marysville. Since Kai was driving I birded along the way; it was a 17&1/2 mile, 24 minute trip. I saw only 4 species; obviously I would only be seeing larger species which were 9 Glaucous-winged Gulls, 2 Bald Eagles, 2 Red-tailed Hawks, and 32 American Crows.

We got in to Marysville about 8:15, about 3 hours after we landed. Because of the latitude and time of year sunrise here was at 7:58, about fifty minutes later than in Honolulu.
Twenty minutes after sunrise in Marysville.

After we unloaded the car Kai went to sleep; I headed out the door to my massage with Lorena. Yes, I scheduled myself for something a few hours after we landed. I figured if we were a little late in landing, I could stop and get the massage on our way up to the house, Kai could nap in the lobby. As it turned out, Lorena forgot to put it on her schedule; she was in Canada and not due back until tomorrow! We rescheduled for next Saturday morning.

I headed back to Mary Ellen & Michael's house; Simon was in town but was leaving early the next morning. I got breakfast as well as a visit with Mary Ellen, Michael, Simon, Amelia, Emmanuel, and, of course, Louie. I also met their new housemates Naserian and her daughter Chloe.

When I got back to the Marysville it was my turn to take a nap; Kai was still sleeping.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Mary, Tom, Kristen, and Molly Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment