Sunday, January 26, 2020

Lazy Sunday

On my drive up for my sunrise walk I saw Lorraine; she had just  started up Sierra. As I was going around the circle I noticed that someone had broken the back passenger window of the yellow VW sedan; although I could recognize the owner, I was not sure which house she ]lived in so I was unable to notify her. Later I saw Lorraine just past the park; we talked about what we did on Chinese New Year's. Further down the road I saw Cody & Rollie with Roger heading to the park. I did not see any other regulars until just before the end of my walk when I saw Mike and Marley starting their walk; I saw them returning during my cool down stretches.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

When I went into Restroom #1 I found that they had added an item to spruce up the decor; an artificial lavender plant. It's now sitting on the little corner shelf.


Dad was eating breakfast in the Plumeria Dining Room when I arrived. He did not eat any of his sandwich but he ate all of his papaya and banana. He drank 240 ml orange juice but no water. He also ate a madeleine when he got back to his room.


During my mid-morning walk there was a lot of activity by the yellow VW; there were 2 police cars, 2 neighbor's cars, the owner of the VW, and Sharon all at the car. I went up and told them when I walked past at 7 am it was already broken and I did not see anyone around or leaving the area. Also during my walk I saw Glen with his hearing-impaired dog Cooper. I also saw Peter and met Linda who is just getting started with walking in the area.


Lunch was Pork tofu (6g), Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend (4g), Tossed salad (3g), Caramel cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup; obviously the stir fry blend was just broccoli. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 slices of cheesecake; he drank 360 ml cranberry juice but no water.  

Reid from Subaru called back while I was helping Dad with lunch so I was unable to answer. Then I forgot to call him back! I remembered later when I was at home and it was too late to call. Aue!

I had not quite figured out what was happening with the kupuna that I know by name after my vacation when all the work started at Dad's house, which meant I could not be up at Maunalani. Basically I had to start all over again. Today I saw Mr. Tanabe, Mr. Kaneshiro, Mr. Watanabe, Mrs. Keliikipi, Mr. Kam, Mr. Miyahira, Mrs. Pang, Uncle Larry, Mr. Ikuma, Mr. Izon, Mr. Kajihara, Mr. Kalaukoa, Lori, Mrs. Kim, Mr. Love, Mrs. Moody, Mrs. Okawa, Mr. Omiya, Mrs. Omiya, Mrs. Onoye, Mrs. Shibuya, Mr. Shinagawa, Mrs. Toyama, Mr. Yeh, & Mrs.Yoshimura. I still have not seen Mrs. Akiyama, Mr. Asato, Mrs. Higa, Mrs. Honjo, Mr. H. Inouye, Mrs. Saito,  Mr. Shiraki, Mrs. Tanaka, or Mrs. Tanji.

For my art homework today I printed the photos I took of Luna, the sweet potato flower, and the jin dui yesterday. I need to do my color chart before I actually work on the thumb nail sketches again.


I also artfully arranged some of the things I picked up for Kai yesterday and took a photo of them. I could paint this as well; my very first watercolor was of a mini-Hershey chocolate candy. We were putting together a get well package for Eunice, one of the other watercolor painters. The candy was in the gift box so I painted it.


Still not in ketogenesis, but burning a little bit of fat by the end of the day.
At 6:19 am, just after waking.
At 4:16 pm; after 2 walks but no dinner yet.
At 6:44 pm; a strange color after dinner.
At 7:06 pm; starting to burn a little fat.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Robin & Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment