Monday, January 6, 2020

Good Bye, Bobbye!

Today was the Celebration of Life for my friend Bobbye who passed away last July. I am glad I was able to time my trip to coincide with her memorial. I met Bobbye around 1995 when she came to work for Snohomish County as a shoreline planner. We had many similar interests and became good friends. Bobbye encouraged me to paint more and we both became members of the Port Gardner Bay Watercolor Society, a very low-key group with no leaders and no dues, just a time once a week that we got together to paint and encourage each other; our  wasn't for everyone. PGBWS held several group shows over the years and individuals within the group also had their own solo shows; Bobbye had several. Bobbye retired in 2002 and began traveling around the world; a dozen years later when I began my plans to leave the county she started planning for us to go on trips together. She had been planning a trip for us to either go to China to the Great Wall and nearby areas or to Japan when she had her stroke and her future was put on hold.

Bobbye's family had some of her cards of her paintings out for people to take as a memento of Bobbye. I plan to frame my selection of cards as a group. Peggy also offered to give me one of Bobbye's paintings; I told her I would do that at another time so I could pack it so it would survive being flown back to Hawai'i.


I saw a lot of friends at Bobbye's Celebration of Life; they included people from my work group and the Port Gardner Bay Watercolor Society. Because some people overlap with more than one part of my life I got invitations to 2 other events; I might also see George B. again on Friday morning and Cathy on Friday night! Besides Bobbye's sons Michael & Ron and daughter-in-law Peggy, I also saw Randy, Ken, Stan, Darla, Mona, Clarissa, George N., Karen, Denny, Hi, Brenda, Mike, Jo, Lois, Barb, Will, & Michele.


We started out the morning going to Kai's medical appointment; it was raining. It was a short appointment so I stayed in the lobby. His medication has been adjusted, hopefully the gastrointestinal upset he has been having will calm down with this adjustment in his medication.
Ten minutes before sunrise in Marysville.
The usual winter weather.

The lobby anthuriums are doing well.

We stopped at the Sno-Isle Co-op again to pick up granola for Curtis that I had forgotten to pick up yesterday. We also got a couple more ingredients for the low carb meals that I had not remembered yesterday; we brought the recipes with us today.
The 5 low carb recipes I have been using.

Our last stop was Cafe Makario and Petite Sweet for lunch items. Kai went to pick up the coffee & tea at Cafe Makario, while I got the Quiche Lorraine, Sausage Quiche, and Broccoli Salad from Petite Sweet, which was very busy. We had arrived near the lunch rush! We heated things up back at the house, ate lunch, then headed off to Bobbye's celebration.






In the evening when we got back, I opened up the Matcha Green Tea Quadratini wafer cookies that Brianna had left as a gift for me. Brianna, Kai, & I through they were very good; Ian is not a fan of matcha so he passed on trying them. The bag will remain on the kitchen table with the other goodies so I am not tempted by those evil carbs!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to the Outback! I have now owned it for 3 years.Unlike the cats, it is doing the reverse migration and moving from pleasant weather to a harsher climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment