Friday, January 3, 2020

On Our Way to Seattle

I wrote most of this while waiting for our plane to leave this evening. We are on a red-eye flight to Seattle; we spent most of the day doing last minute errands.


I started out the day with my sunrise walk; there's not much that interferes with that. Except may be the weather; it was drizzling in the morning when I left the house. On the way up it was lightly drizzling and I saw no one walking. When I arrived at the parking lot it had stopped raining but it was very breezy which made my walk pleasantly refreshing. I saw Ona & Rio on the circle. Sue was at the bus stop on her way to work. Later Nikolas and Aya passed me as they did their lap around the circle. As I was nearing the top of Lurline I saw Wendy with Mickey; she said Bella was having problems with her legs so could only do short walks. During my cool down stretches I saw Nikolas and Aya on their way back home. I also saw Kavita and Lynnette & June.
Drizzling thirty-six minutes before sunrise as I leave home.
Twenty-seven minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seventeen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sunrise on Sierra.

They have started some framing at the Lanipoko house. I wonder how it will look when I return in 2 weeks?
They're working on the lower section.

I checked on the hāpuʻu this morning; it looks like it is doing well. But it does need to be weeded; I was going to try to get to it before I left but there was just too much going on with the holidays and having Kai here. I will have to make it a priority when I return.


I weighed myself in the morning. Over the last week I gained 0.8 pounds, which is not as bad as I thought it would be since I have been eating a lot of holiday carbs. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 2 weeks when I will not be cooking as much and eating out more.


When I get ready for a trip one of the tasks is charging up all the electronics. The laptop and the phone are charged a lot since I use them a lot and they frequently need charging during the day. The Anker 26800 is charged up every couple of weeks when I run it down. The Ellipsis Jetpack hotspot is usually charged up when I am actively using it. And the batteries for the heated vest are charged up when I decide to go someplace where it gets below 60 degrees!
Clockwise from upper right: Ellipsis Jetpack, two heated vest batteries, plug for heated vest battery charger, & Anker 26800.

One of the other tasks was packing my suitcase. Clothes are minimal; its the omiyage that was the problem. Kai thought he would have to send another box to himself but I was able to fit everything into my suitcase. Sorry, no photos of the process or the final packed suitcase. By the way, I also have one carry on that is all omiyage as well.

At the airport they give you several options on ways to stay hydrated. I chose to fill up my water bottle which I carry empty through TSA, then fill up at one of the water bottle filling stations around the airport. The one I used had filled 31,323 bottles before I filled mine.
Different hydration options.
I filled my water bottle.

I'm posting this before we board the plane, we begin boarding in a few minutes. Adventures on the plane will be included in the post for tomorrow.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Marilyn, Marilene, & Cristien!

No comments:

Post a Comment