Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Grill City

CNA Linda had told Curtis about a place in Waipahu for breakfast; it was Grill City which is located inside Seafood City Market. There is also a Jollibee that has a doorway in to Seafood City. We had Grilled Silog for breakfast; Curtis had his with sweet longanisa, I had mine with pork tocino. Both were served with garlic rice and egg. They were both very good.

Its inside, towards the back right side of the market.

The longanisa is in the left front tray; the right front tray is chicken tocino, the pork tocino is just behind it.
Add caption
Grilled Silog with Sweet Longanisa.
Grilled Silog with Pork Tocino.

There was also a Pinoy Street Food pop-up next to the seating area. We walked by there after breakfast to check out what they had. While there I also saw a display of Filipino Spaghetti sauce! The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had been telling me about it and how it differed from Italian spaghetti sauce. I decided to get a bag so we could try it out.



This morning as I walked in to the kitchen I saw something small and brown on the floor. It was a Greenhouse Frog! A dead Greenhouse Frog. Apparently Luna caught it in the cat run and brought it in to play with; she probably lost interest in it when it died and stopped moving.
The dead Greenhouse Frog.
They are quite small; here it is compared to my house keys.

On the drive up for my sunrise walk I saw Mary; she was on her way back home. During my walk I saw Omar with Mei-mei & Rocco; he was walking them since Ariel is off-island on a trip for work. Ariel works for NOAA; she used to work at the Seattle office so we might know some people in common! I later saw them as they were on their way home. I also saw Dean on his way home. Towards the end of my walk I caught up with Ken walking Toto & Chico; we walked to the parking lot together. I didn't see any regulars during my cool down stretches.
Twenty-two minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Six minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Now that the first wall is up, it looks like they are dismantling other parts of the Lanipoko house that were where the power originally entered the previous house.


I also saw the car that had been broken in to yesterday. The window has now been covered with a plastic bag.


When I arrived at Curtis' house to go out to breakfast, there was a Kōlea on the roof of Anita & Gordon's garage. Earlier it had been searching for food on the lawn.


After breakfast I stopped by at RevoluSun to make the final payment for the solar photovoltaic system. John checked to see whether they had heard back from the City & County regarding the inspection of the PV system in the past week since it has been completed; they had not. I also paid the balance on the air conditioning system.
Their office is in SALT at Our Kakaʻako.


By the time I arrived at Maunalani, Dad was eating lunch; he ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich and his dessert. He drank 240 ml of juice but no water.

I skipped my afternoon walk to talk to Sharon; she is the chair of EnVision Kaimukī. A group of residents in the Kaimukī Neighborhood area have been looking at ways to preserve the character of the neighborhood while still being responsive to necessary changes. I told her about my background with permitting and environmental issues; I will be going to a public meeting to find out more about a surface water management district that is being proposed. We also talked about plants, birds, and other animals in the area.
The view from the end of the kitchen island.
I like how this window frames the view of Leʻahi when you are standing here working.

Sharon & I talked about a lot of things, some of which included food since we were talking about the neighborhood which has evolved to become a foodie mecca of sorts. Somehow we got on to the topic of cooking; I think it was because we were sitting in the kitchen and talked about the great views that can be seen from both the stove and the kitchen sink, as well as all the other windows that face southerly. She mentioned trying to make gluten-free crepes but finding the store-bought gluten-free mix gritty. I told her about The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen. I will be scanning the recipe for the ATK gluten-free mix and the Sweet Crepes and sending them to her.


Sharon also has a cool bathroom. It is very modern but has an elegant touch provided by an antique table.


I forgot to mention that last night I watched one of Angela Fehr's videos for beginners. Today I signed up for her free webinar series for beginners that will be on at 7 am my time this coming Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I received a link to the webinar; the link will also allow me to look at the videos after the initial live link. Since the live videos would be when I am walking, I will be viewing the videos later in the day. (I'm not a beginner, but its been so long since I have painted I decided to listen to some beginner videos to refresh my memory.)

I have not been good about keeping my carbs below 25 g and I have also not been consistent in walking at least twice a day. And it shows.
At 6:20 am; upon waking.
At 8:04 am; after sunrise walk, its got a hint of pink.
At 6:11; after eating the plate of food from the Maunalani employee appreciation lunch; it had a bunch of culturally appropriate carbs.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Dave, Jerry, & Susie.

1 comment: