Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cafe Wylde

We met Terri at Cafe Wylde for dinner.; it is a vegan restaurant in Everett.Terri had the Peach Habañero Tacos, Kai had the Burrito, and I had the Pesto Pasta; we all had the Chai Latte. Since my "pasta" was spiralized zucchini you could definitely tell it wasn't pasta; the flavor as a salad was good. For dessert we tried their vegan cheesecakes; Terri had the Triple Berry, Kai had the Chai, and I had the Almond Butter Banana Chia. My cheesecake was a good match for cheesecake. We had a great visit and closed the place down after 3 hours of talking!


Chai Latte.
Peach Habañero Tacos.
Pesto Pasta.
Burrito.




For lunch I met Ben & Pam at Terra Cotta Red; Kai was too tired and opted to sleep more. Pam had the Sesame Honey Chicken, Ben had the Red Curry, and I had the Drunken Chicken. Ben & Pam recently got married; Congratulations! Ben & I spent time talking about the new direction thew Communities of Color Coalition (C3) is going in; he also invited me to come to see their new office space in south county.
Congratulations to Ben & Pam!

Terra Salad.
Drunken Chicken.
Sesame Honey Chicken.
Red Curry.

I started my errands today with taking the Outback to Brown Bear Car Wash; it had some concrete dust marks from sitting on Harbor Island near a concrete batch plant. The wash removed most of the marks, there are a few that will need another wash. Unlike McKinley Car Wash, you sit in the car and go through the wash with the car. I also went to the post office and mailed the package to Simon.






The bear waves when it is time to drive away!

Since Brown Bear Car Wash is just a couple blocks away from Z Sport, I dropped in to give them a bag of coffee. They have been great in taking care of Kai and the old Subaru. Later, when I stopped to pick up windshield washer fluid and Rain-X, I realized I should have the Outback winterized. I called Z Sport and that will happen tomorrow. I also checked on the Lucas Oil Stabilizer for the Loyale; we started using it about 10 years ago on the recommendation of Dave who was out mechanic at the time. He said it helps old engines to last longer; he was right!

We add 1 quart of Lucas every 4th quart of oil we put in the Loyale.

I also stopped by Trader Joe's to pick up omiyage. Since I had been running around a lot I also stopped by their restroom. I like to look at the decor in the bathroom; some places have very little, others have original art! Trader Joe's had artwork with their logo incorporated into the painting.
This looks like it could be in the San Juan Islands.
This looks like the trail to Mowich Lake on the slopes of Mt. Rainier.

The FEMA Winter Storm Warning now says from Friday 4 am to Saturday 10 am we can expect accumulations of 1 to 6 inches of snow between 1000 & 2000 feet, 6 to 18 inches above 2000 feet, and 18 to 30 inches above 3000 feet. Where I'm going on Sunday afternoon is at about 300 feet but its at the foot of a ridge that is about 4000 feet high so snow might drift down. I'm glad I have the Outback and that it's getting winterized!
Ten minutes before sunrise in Marysville.
I'm glad the Outback as butt warmers!
Later in the afternoon the sun tried to come out.
There's a light dusting of snow in the mountains.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment