Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Solar Installation Almost Done!

John & Robert from RevoluSun arrived about 9 this morning; they finished the installation of the Tesla Powerwall 2 battery, inverter, gateway, new breaker box, and all the other parts by about 4 pm. It was easier because they did not have to run another line from the stove to the new box; we have a gas stove which only needs electricity to run the clock & control panel on the stove. If we had an electric stove they would have had to run a separate 50 amp line to the new breaker box.
At midday.
All pau!

Now we wait for the inspection by the City & County. After that is the inspection by HECO. Then finally we get to turn on the system! At that time RevoluSun will go over how the system works; I have asked if we can arrange for one of The Roommates to be present for that.

The air conditioner installers will be here tomorrow; the scheduler anticipated they would be here till the end of the week. And on Thursday the repair tech for the dryer will be here also. When it rains it pours!

During my drive up I saw Kelly driving by. During my walk I saw Laure with Champ, Mike with Dulci, and one of Mike's grandsons with Molly walking on the circle by Laure's house; I later saw them as they were by the parking lot. As I made my way down Sierra I saw Kavita. On the way up Lurline I saw The Surfer getting ready to hit the waves!
Thirty-six minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eighteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Two minutes before sunrise on Sierra.

Sunrise this morning was at 7:11 am, this is the latest it rises in this zip code; it's been rising at this time since the 12th. If I was on the Big Island sunrise this morning would have been 7:01. At Kai's the latest was 7:58 when I was visiting; this morning it was 7:49. The difference is due to both latitude and longitude. Sunrise here will become earlier each day or so until the last couple days of May and the first week or so of June when it will rise at 5:48 am. For Kai it will in the middle of June when it will rise at 5:08 am; however, it is unlikely that he will see it.

While I was waiting for the installers from RevoluSun, I started cleaning up the counter by the sink, the counter we have our meals on, and the dining room table.
Before clean up.
Ahh! That's more like it!
Before clean up.
I use Bon Ami because it is less abrasive; cleaned section is to right.
All clean! (It's more apparent in person.)
Snack table before reorg.
After reorg.

I also made a batch of low carb Chocolate Chocolate Chip Macadamia Biscotti. I think I need to chop the macadamia nuts finer. I also need to figure out how to get the inside of the biscotti to bake properly without the outside burning. I checked The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook for a biscotti recipe to see what I need to do for better results; they specifically say they reduced the amount of butter to 4 tablespoons to improve it. The low carb recipe calls for 5&1/3 tablespoons. I'll have to try that on the next batch.
Biscotti log before baking.
Getting ready for the second bake.
The ATK recipe.

My art homework for today was reading Jane Blundell's website; I found some good info on travel brushes for plein air painting. She also has good info on her website about using a limited palette with watercolors which is not as common as it is in oil or acrylic painting. I decided to use a limited palette to learn about color mixing; her website will help a lot. I plan on spending more time reading her blog and doing exercises from her website; she also teaches on-line classes.
"Just 4 Colours" from JaneBlundellArt.com.


Since I was home for most of the day, I spent time trying to train Luna & S'mores on using the Wireless Whiskers feeder in its new configuration; I think Luna is getting the hang of it. S'mores is a little too jumpy to eat much when it opens; it might take her longer to figure it out.

That little blast of ketones on Sunday seems to have been a fluke; I have not had any more large releases of ketones. But it does appear that I do begin to burn some fat as the day progresses; the test strip seems to be just a little bit more pink as the day goes on. I just have to burn up those excess carbs before I return to ketogenesis.
6:18 am; upon waking.
7:55 am; after sunrise walk.
10:31 am; no mid-morning walk.
1:45 pm; after low carb lunch.
4:12 pm; usually the test strip is between 15 to 40 mg/dL at this time of day.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to John and Jina!

No comments:

Post a Comment