Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Little Damp This Morning

When I got in to the car this morning it was quite wet, but I headed up to Maunalani anyway. On the way up the precipitation slowed enough that I decided to do my morning walk. There was a very light occasional sprinkle during the 1st half of my walk; it got a little heavier past the park but never so heavy that I needed to stop to get out of it. Once I reached the covered viewpoint in the upper parking lot, however, it got wetter. There were less birds out in the wet weather. Also less walkers, I saw LaVie at the bus stop & later as she walked by as I was stretching; there were no other regulars that I saw. I was glad to see the additional water for the hāpuʻu and palapalai; I need to get over there and do some weeding so that they have less competition.
It was raining as I left the house.
It was fairly dry when I got to Maunalani.
Six minutes before sunrise from Maunalani.
Drizzle after I finished my walk.
Popokilani crossing the courtyard when the drizzle lightened up.

CNA Jessa was just putting Dad in to his wheelchair when I arrived. He ate breakfast in the Orchid Dining Room. He finished half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank about 100 ml each orange juice and coffee, but no water.
Eating a yummy fried egg sandwich.
I love my Anker battery pack! It can recharge my phone anywhere!

After breakfast Dad went upstairs to the Castle Living Room and did some of the lower body exercises; he skipped all the upper body exercises. Then he attended the musical presentation by Ellen's Ukulele from Lanakila Senior Center.
Emmanuel leads the residents in exercises, Dad was not impressed.

When I started my mid-morning walk my UPF shirt and green hat were still damp from my morning walk. It was partially sunny as I started so I expected them to dry out quickly, but the weather gods had other ideas; it began to sprinkle a little before I completed going around the circle. Fortunately it stopped before I got down to the park and didn't start up again during my walk. I saw LaVie with Tazzie & Kila at the bus shelter by the park. Later, as I was approaching the hāpuʻu, the irrigation system went on; it appears it starts about 5 minutes after the hour. Because of today's weather the ferns have been very moist, which makes me happy. As I walked by Bailey's house, she was very good, she just made a soft huffing sound and didn't even get up to walk along the fence as I went by; I told her she was a good girl.
Hāpuʻu under irrigation.

I found out yesterday from the homeowner that this tree is called jocote, ciruela, or Spanish plum (Spondias purpurea). This particular tree has been having its challenges and parts of it have been slowly dying back. I'll try to take photos as the fruits ripen.


Lunch today was Shepherd's pie, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Ambrosia, and Chicken & wild rice soup. Since Dad was in his wheelchair, I took him out to the 2nd floor lanai. He ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly & banana sandwich but just one bite of the ambrosia; even though Mom used to make that all the time, he doesn't seem to care for it. He only drank 120 ml orange juice at lunch but as soon as he was back in his bed he asked for and drank 120 ml of water.
Watching planes at the airport while waiting for his lunch to arrive.

This is the back path to the lanai, instead of going through the dining room full of wheelchairs.

Curtis wasn't here because his back was bothering him and Dad was very resistant to taking his shower this afternoon, so I stayed to help convince Dad to take a shower. I ended up not doing my afternoon walk.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Janice & Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment