Sunday, May 19, 2019

The Surfing Pig

I took all the roommates to The Surfing Pig for dinner tonight; we are celebrating the anniversary of my divorce. I can't remember the exact date but it was the Monday following Mothers Day. We didn't go to dinner last Monday because everyone was busy, tonight was the first evening we could all get together after Mothers Day. A lot of things on the menu looked good and we were having difficulty choosing so we decided to do the Girls Night Out Prix Fixe. The food was excellent!


Okole maluna!
They were out of the ribs so they substituted salad and pulled pork.
Flatbread Pizza.
Smokey Cheesy Mac with Porchetta
Pulled pork.
Crabcakes.
Truffle Fries.
Slider Trio.
Stuffed French Toast.
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding.
All pau!

It sprinkled a little during my morning walk. It was dry when I started but near the park it began to get a little wet and continued for about 10 minutes. At the start of my walk I saw a cycad with a ball of leaves that had no color; it turns out its not leaves, its a reproductive sturcture. Later I saw Adam walking with Kira & Bailey; Kira was pushing a little cart. Bailey actually came up to me and let me pet her. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with the early-rising dogs. I did not see LaVie at all today.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Seven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
I think this is the female reproductive structure of the sago palm (Cycas revoluta).

Dad was still sleeping when I got in; he woke up about 10 minutes later asking for water. He ate about 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich and all of the papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml of apple juice, 60 ml of coffee but no water.

During my mid-morning walk, as I was at the top of Lurline I heard a siren; it was coming up Sierra. Just before I got to the parking lot a firetruck went by, pulling in to Maunalani. The EMTs went to the Castle wing; later an ambulance came to pick up a resident. Earlier I checked out the house being deconstructed up on the circle.



Dad agreed to get in to the wheelchair & sit on the lanai for lunch today. Lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Baked sweet potatoes, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Oatmeal cookie, and Minestrone soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 oatmeal cookies. He only drank 120 ml apple juice; he refused the water.
Waiting on the lanai for his lunch.



The afternoon walk was a little muggier than it has been. I saw a large mixed flock of birds just below the park; ther3 were mainly Scaly-breasted Munias, but it also included Common Waxbills, Saffron Finches, Yellow-fronted Canaries, and Chestnut Munias. I wasn't able to get a photo of them.

Here's what our bulk pick up pile looks like. Starting next month for the remainder of the year you will need to make an appointment for them to pick up your bulk items. Previously your area was assigned a week when the pick up would happen and they just sent trucks around to pick things up.


I delivered 8 pomelo to Abdul at Kokua Market this afternoon. I like this arrangement of giving the excess pomelo to the co-op rather than to that woman who has come by twice and taken a lot of pomelo; I think she is selling or bartering with them because she was here twice in 2 weeks! She took about a dozen each time; she came a 3rd time and wanted more but I told her no. I would rather have the co-op that I am a member of making money off of the pomelo rather than a private individual making money off of things we gave away for free.

Before we left for The Surfing Pig, Sarah called. She was driving home from a weekend leadership training program that she has been attending for nearly a year for 2 weekends each month. I talked with her for the first hour or so; as we got in our car she talked to the rest of the roommates as I drove us to dinner. We had a great time catching up!

I saw Shy Cat (#1) & Sleepy Cat (#10) at Mike's house this morning. I also saw the K&K Cat (#5) at Koa & Kuma's house; Koa & Kuma were not at the gate, only the cat. On the opposite side of the road I saw Twin Cat (#11).
L to R: Shy Cat (#1) and Sleepy Cat (#10).
Koa & Kuma's buddy (Cat #5).
Twin Cat (#11).

Today was the start of our reduced newspaper delivery service. I only read the Sunday edition to check for the status of Mom & Dad's friends so I asked for Sunday-only delivery. The Star-Advertiser does not do that. The least number of days is Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Sunday. So that's what we're getting now. Which should reduce the number of days I find the newspaper on top of the car!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment