Saturday, May 25, 2019

Bad Feather Day

At one point during my cool down stretches this morning, I turned around to check if there were any birds on the roof behind me. There was; it was an ʻEhakō (Spotted Dove, Streptopelia chinensis). It looked like a slobbery dog had been playing with it!


My morning walk was refreshingly cool & breezy! The trades are back for a short while. I saw LaVie at the bus stop below the park; I did not see her as she completed her walk during my cool down stretches. But I did see Ken & the early-rising dogs; later I noticed on the Maunalani activities calendar that Ken also leads the Sunday evening Bingo game and Tuesday afternoon card games (Rummy & Poker on alternating weeks).
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise n Sierra.

I only took one construction photo today. It was of the house on the hillside above the lower end of Lurline. Construction started last year and is essentially finished, so this is the last photo I will have of it. The only other project I was going to get a photo of was Steve's "project". Like Kelly's, it can't be seen from the road, so the photo would be similar to Kelly's.


Dad was awake and eating breakfast in bed when I arrived; he had already eaten half of his fried egg sandwich. By the end of the meal he had eaten all of the sandwich as well as all the papaya & banana! He also drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 120 ml coffee. He has already gotten used to the caffeine in the coffee; he fell asleep almost as soon as he was done eating. Later in the morning he also drank 180 ml water.

I skipped my mid-morning walk; I had a wonderful phone call with cousin Tomiko instead! Usually when we talk its about an hour long conversation; today was no exception! The main topic was plans for Obon but we also checked in about other relatives. Bonus: I go out to the landing on the south side of the building, where I also do my cool down stretches. While we were talking I saw 3 White-tailed Tropicbirds fly by! Since I was on the phone I was unable to take a photo of them so you'll just have to click the link to see what they look like.

Lunch today was Saucy cabbage roll, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 cakes. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water. Then he went back to sleep.


I skipped the afternoon walk. For whatever reason, I was wiped out this afternoon. I fell asleep and didn't wake up in time to start my walk in a timely manner!

It's Saturday! There's not supposed to be a newspaper delivery on Saturday. But, oh, look! There's a newspaper by the car! It's now been a week since I changed the delivery schedule and they still haven't figured it out. I wonder how long this is going to go on?


S'mores likes DT; she likes to chew on his feet when he is trying to sleep. That must be why she chews on his slippers when he is not home; she'd like to chew on his feet but he's not there, so she goes after the next best thing!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Marvin, Dwight, Stan, & Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment