Thursday, May 2, 2019

Another Royal Flush!

Curtis texted just after lunch. He hit another Royal Flush! That's 2 in 2 days.


I got soaked this morning. My walk started out dry, not even a sprinkle until I got near the park. Then it was on and off sprinkles. As I was on my way up Lurline it opened up; I took cover under the same mango tree I sheltered under last December when it poured. Other than that it was uneventful. I didn't see any regulars on the walk; the rain probably kept people indoors. During my cool down stretches I only saw Caroline & Olive.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra; its blurry because the phone is in a bag to keep dry.
The phone is still in the bag; that house is the one seen in the December 2018 photo.

Dad was eating breakfast in bed. He was fixated on the meal slip that says what he is given to eat. There was no coffee so I got him a cup. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich, all of the banana, and half of the papaya. He drank 60 ml of apple juice, 60 ml of black coffee, but no water.

Although it sprinkled a little, my mid-morning walk was much drier than my early morning walk. I saw LaVie in the distance with Tazzie & Kila. And I saw a White-tailed Tropicbird! It went by too fast for me to get a photo but the long white tail is very distinctive.


I also stopped to check out the young avocados. About a month ago they were about the size of small olives. They're bigger now, about the size of ping pong balls.


I also checked out the lei they made with the pakalana yesterday. They also made other lei. They draped some of them on the bust of Ethelwyn Castle who donated the property & buildings to create Maunalani.
The pakalana is mixed with the bougainvillea.

Lunch today was Beef stew, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Tapioca pudding, and Cream of broccoli soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and half of the dessert. He drank 120 ml of apple juice and 120 ml of water. I did not give him my dessert since he is heavier than they want him to be.


I skipped the afternoon walk; I had talked to Abdul at Kokua Market yesterday about giving them some jabong to sell. I took one to him today; he tried it. He said as far as yellow jabong goes its not that bitter; he said he would take a dozen to see how they do. I will drop them off on Saturday.

I saw Cat #4, the Laid Back Cat, again this morning. Still being laid back.


Luna was being anything but laid back this evening. She spotted a Red-vented Bulbul at the water dish in the cat run and stalked it. Then she tried to pounce on it through the screen door! I think she is going to enjoy being able to get out in to the cat run.



Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Bobbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment