Monday, May 13, 2019

This Little Piggy

While transferring Dad back to bed today CNA Jessa noticed that there was a little blood along the edge of the nail bed for one of Dad's toenails. After discussion with the RNs they will be monitoring it as well as several red spots on the soles of his feet. RN Sarah will also make a note to have the podiatrist check him out on her visit next quarter.
The white stuff is lotion to keep Dad's skin from cracking.

During my morning walk I saw LaVie at the bus stop; she said I have become her signal indicating the bus is coming soon. And it did! The hāpuʻu was nice and wet; I think Kelly's regular irrigation system for the yard comes on about 6 in the morning. I also saw 2 of the feral cats at Mike's house.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fifteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Shy Cat (L) and Sleepy Cat (R).

During my cool down stretches I usually bird; I did that today. Towards the end I announce to the birds that I will be finishing my checklist by saying, "Last call, birds!", as I look around. Today as I was doing that I spotted the White Cockatoo in the dead tree top near the south edge of the lower parking lot. I tried to get a photo through the binoculars again but the charge on my phone was so low I couldn't see anything. As I was hooking up the Anker battery pack, the cockatoo flew off. Aue!

Dad was awake when I got to his room. I got his breakfast for him along with this coffee. Today he only ate about 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich and all of the papaya; there was no banana today. He only drank about 60 ml of coffee.

I had to skip my mid-morning walk even though Dad fell asleep after he drank his morning coffee. He woke up shortly after I got back from changing due to a bowel movement; he is constipated again so the pain woke him up. LPN Justine & CNA Monalisa transferred him to the toilet but it still took a while & I did not want to leave while he was in pain.

Since Dad had to be in his wheelchair to be transferred to and from the toilet, I took him out to the lanai when he was done. Lunch today was Pork loin roast, Steamed rice, Steamed edamame, Tossed salad, Strawberry cloud cake, and Tomato basil soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and all of the dessert. He drank 120 ml apple juice but no water. He stayed in the wheelchair for about 2 hours today.
Waiting for lunch on the lanai.

Post-lunch nap.

I learned yesterday that Brent thought the Pineapple Run (~6 miles) was more difficult than the Great Aloha Run (~8 miles). It was apparently the "heat" that got to him; we walked from 7 to 9 am but there wasn't as much shade as during the Great Aloha Run. Because I do a walk in the afternoon I have gotten used to walking when there is no shade. I thought the Pineapple Run was relatively easy; no real hills and not too hot. My afternoon walk today was hillier and hotter than the Pineapple Run; it's what helped me handle the Pineapple Run.


When I got to the car to leave, I found out a spider was building a web in the back set of the car. I don't know if I interrupted it or whether it succumbed to the high temperature in the car.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Francis, Myrtle, & Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment