Tuesday, May 28, 2019

No Trades Again

The morning walk was a little muggy today; I could feel the difference as soon as I stepped out of the car. I saw LaVie heading up to the bus stop as I was walking past the park. I saw Kelly as I passed his house; he said they might be taking the big orange dumpster today. A little later Kelly drove by with Abby on their way to the park; he looked like he was going surfing after that.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

The White Cockatoo was very active today. I saw it just as I started my cool down stretches; it had flown in to the dead-top tree in front of one of the houses below Maunalani near the park. Later I saw it fly to another tree in front of a house just below Maunalani on Sierra; it was getting closer! The next time I saw it, the White Cockatoo was in the tree just off the lower parking lot! I took a few photos from the view point but decided to cut my stretching short & head for the 3rd floor landing to get a better view, and hopefully some better photos. From the 3rd floor landing with my binoculars I was able to see the very pale yellow color on the underside of the tail & wing feathers; usually I can't see that since it is so far away. I was also able to see the semi-circular shape of the all white crest when it was raised; its sort of like a headdress rather than a bunch of feathers in line like a mohawk. Its beak and feet were dark. It's definitely a White Cockatoo.
White Cockatoo in tree down by the park.
White Cockatoo in tree on Sierra below Maunalani.
White Cockatoo in tree by lower parking lot.

Dad was asleep in bed with his breakfast in front of him when I arrived, he had not touched a thing. Later when he woke up he ate 1/2 of the fried egg sandwich and all of his banana; he drank 120 ml of apple juice.

I decided to do the mid-morning walk even though it was a little drizzly. It drizzled while I was walking around the circle, some times it drizzled harder than others; but as I started down Sierra it dried out. My shirt had been fairly wet when it stopped drizzling, but got drier as I continued to walk. As I approached Kelly's, the dumpster was gone! Yay!

Yay! No dumpster!

They finished trimming the trees at the house at the top of Lurline; it looks like all the Formosan koa (Acacia confusa) is gone but a couple of the octopus trees (Schefflera actinophylla) are still there.
I need to take a photo that matches the previous photo.

Lunch today was Fish nitsuke, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable, Garden salad, Pineapple upside down cake, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 desserts; he drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.


I skipped the afternoon walk; it was drizzling again. But more importantly, I was having a great conversation with Mrs. Yamada and her friend Denise who gave her a ride to Maunalani. I didn't want to leave in the middle of Mrs. Yamada's reminiscing about her early life with Mr. Yamada; it seemed to help her cope with what's happening with Mr. Yamada.

I stopped at Verizon on the way home; I needed to find out how to get the videos off my phone so I would have enough space to download the app for the solar panels. The tech could not get it to work either but he thought it was because it just needed more time. He was right; I got it to download tonight.

When I got home I saw an interesting sight across the street; a bunch of plants. They looked like they were lined up to catch the bus or something. Dale across the other street occasionally sells plants but these plants were on the Loi's corner, not Dale's corner. As I write this the plants are still sitting there in the dark; we haven't figured out what's going on with them yet.


This morning I saw Cat #5, Koa & Kuma's buddy. It was lounging outside the fence while the dogs watched from the inside. When its feeling threatened it sprints through the fence to safety.
Cat #5 and Koa & Kuma and the brown dog.
Cat #14 went in to the garage of this house.

You know what I'm going to say about this, so I won't. I'll just say that its frustrating trying to do the right thing and the message not getting through about my request.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment