Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Whole Foods Breakfast Buffet

We initially went to the Waiʻalae Country Club for breakfast. Or tried to. In our past experience the restaurants at golf courses have been open to the public; here they directed us to the Kahala Hilton for breakfast so we are not sure if they really have a restaurant for members only or if that is where their members go for meals, too. At any rate, we headed for Kahala Mall to check out our options there. Which turned out to be somewhat limited: Starbucks or Whole Foods. We went to the Whole Foods buffet area where breakfast was one of the options. All the buffet items are $9.99 per pound. Besides the breakfast buffet, they also had a salad bar, Asian food, and lunch foods. FYI There are 2 Starbucks at Kahala Mall, no matter which side of the mall you are on you will be near a Starbucks.
The guy in the golf cart coming in from the right let us know we needed to go to the Kahala Hilton for breakfast.
We went to Kahala Mall instead.
We ended up at Whole Foods where everything in their buffets is $9.99 per pound.

They have a lot of condiments available.
All the cutlery is out by the tables. Problem: They're #5 plastic which is not recyclable here.
Curtis' breakfast selections.
My breakfast selections.

Whole Foods also has self-serve mochi ice cream.


On the way to Kahala Mall we passed a house with an impressive pair of vases by the front door. I couldn't get a very good photo of them.


As I started my morning walk, I saw Geldy & Emerson walking down to work from their cars parked in the grass field uphill of the upper parking lot. I also saw LaVie waiting for the bus by the park. Later, on Lurline, I saw Omar with Rocco & Mei-mei; I had not seen them in a while. Although Omar said they had been off-island for a bit I think it was more a matter of my schedule walking at sunrise than any changes in their schedule.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

As I was doing my cool down stretches I got a visit from Popokilani. The birds in the parking lot left.


Because breakfast is later than we used to do since Curtis is dropping his father-in-law off at an adult daycare by the time I got back to the house it was time to leave for my mid-morning walk. As I was completing the circle I saw Suzette taking some things down to her car; she commented that I was a little late. I told her it was the 2nd of my 3 walks for the day. Towards the end of my walk I saw Kelly returning from a morning of surfing.

This is how hot it was in the shade when I left the house; it was 75 up at Maunalani but I forgot to get a photo.

Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and all of his diced pears; he also drank 120 ml each of apple juice and water. I skipped lunch because of breakfast but it would have been Pork adobo, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetables, Garden salad, Chilled diced pears, and Chicken noodle soup.

I brought in more clothes for Dad. As we were sorting through things for the garage sale we found some of Dad's shirts. And Curtis donated a pair of shorts that he can no longer wear; they won't get these confused with anyone else's!


I skipped the afternoon walk. I was pre-occupied with developing a list of future breakfast places; there were 50 names listed in my little notebook. So I didn't notice that it was getting close to the time Curtis should be arriving; I texted him to see if he was delayed in leaving or had just forgotten to text. He called, he had texted but it apparently didn't go through. He would be there in about 5 minutes, so I skipped the walk.

I got more plain salad without the additional stuff. This time it was the Fresh Express brand from Times Supermarket. The sales pricing was interesting; the 9 ounce bags of Premium Romaine were the cheapest and also had the lowest carbs and highest protein amount. I also got a bottle of salad dressing also with the lowest carbs and highest protein amount. I also chopped up some almonds and added a Field Roast sausage to the mix.

Last night when I got home there was a Kia in the driveway; I thought The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had gone out with his friends who left their car in our driveway. It turns out it belongs to The Potential Most Favorite Roommate, he bought it yesterday.


I saw 2 more cats during my walks. I saw Cat #9, the Lion Cat, during my morning walk on the circle. I have seen this cat hiding under cars when it rained; today he had a hair cut, hence the name. During my mid-morning walk I saw another one of the feral cats at Mike's; this one was sleeping in the sun; he has now been dubbed Sleepy.
Cat #9, Lion Cat.
Cat #10, Sleepy.

One of the kitties in the house was bad today. I got home and found someone had been climbing on the shelves by the television monitor and dumped all the things on the shelf. I have asked The Roommates to figure out a way to keep them off of the shelves.


Luna was being taunted by the Red-vented Bulbuls again this evening. The Roommates need to get the cat run rebuilt for them.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Scot!

No comments:

Post a Comment