Thursday, May 23, 2019

Construction Update

Previously I have posted photos of construction activity that I have seen on my route, like old houses being torn down, new houses being built, road work, etc. Here are photos of some of them.
Work on Art's new walkway; I don't have a before photo.
Not sure what they're going to be doing here; I'm guessing they're going to turn the grass into parking.
This is one of the houses on the sharp turn on Lurline.

The morning walk was not quite as muggy today as it was yesterday; they say the trades are slowly returning. And the temperature was a little lower this morning; only 75 degrees F at the house & 73 at Maunalani. I saw Ona & Rio on my walk this morning; they were about a block ahead of me. Ona walks faster than I do so even though she has to stop for Rio, I could not catch up with her. I was hoping I could catch up so I could ind out about her trip to China; I'll have to do it some other time. She was the only regular that I saw today, even during my cool down stretches.
Ten minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
The temperature at the house.
The temperature up at Maunalani.

However, I was somewhat preoccupied during my stretches; I saw the White Cockatoo again and it was in a closer tree this time! Unfortunately there was so much glare on my phone screen I couldn't really see how good a photo I was getting. I probably spent about 10 or 15 minutes trying to get a photo. here's the best one.


When I got to his room, Dad was eating breakfast. Sort of; CNA Sharmaine told me the kitchen had sent the wrong meal for him. Instead of his fried egg sandwich they had sent scrambled eggs, pureed. Totally not Dad's food! She called to the kitchen to get his regular meal; it showed up about 10 minutes after I got there. By that time he had eaten all of his papaya and banana; he had also drank about 60 ml each apple juice and coffee. Even with all that he finished his sandwich!

I skipped my mid-morning walk; I got sidetracked by another project. I have a lot of paperwork & other things to take care of and I am getting a little confused by where I am in which process. I needed to make a spreadsheet like I did for when I was taking care of Mom's estate. I think there were about 100 items I needed to take care of for Mom. Right now there are only 8 things I need to fill out for Kai. But I also have at least 6 things I need to do for Dad's house and at least 10 things for the Kohala house. Aue!

Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 brownies; he drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


I skipped my afternoon walk also; I was still working on my project. And it began to rain just as I was getting ready to put on my UPF shirt and sunscreen; the clouds were very dark and it did not look like it was going to stop anytime soon. I guessed wrong. It did stop when Curtis showed up, so I could have walked if I was ready. And I guess I could have changed since I was going "off duty", but it was now very humid & muggy because of the rain on the hot pavement.

I saw the Lion Cat (#9) this morning; I wonder how it is doing in this hot weather? I'm sure the lion-cut helps a lot. I also saw the K&K Cat (#5) along with its buddies Koa & Kuma! But I wasn't able to get a good photo.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Ruby! It's also 2 years since I started using my Ellipsis Jetpack hot spot; it has been serving me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment