Sunday, May 5, 2019

Walking With Miss Paula

I had to cut my mid-morning walk a little shorter since Dad was awake a little longer; I didn't want to skip it since I wanted to check on the hāpuʻu. To shorten my walk I skipped the circle and I walked down Wilhelmina Rise by the park instead of going around the park. Because I did these things, it turned out that I ran in to Miss Paula near the spot where I saw Mike the other day. As we walked back up to her house I asked about the box of egg-shaped rocks I had seen about a month ago. It turns out those had belonged to a friend who was down-sizing and the egg-shaped rocks were free for the taking. Unfortunately, someone took the whole box; she had intended for it to be available to several people. She asked me if I had gotten one; told her I wanted to check in with her first. She said if its out there, its for bulk pick up so if I see anything I am interested in to take it! Oh, well; there were some nicely patterned rocks.


Along the way during my mid-morning walk I saw a flattened dove; based on its size & color I think it is a Zebra Dove. It was originally flattened near the center line which is why I didn't notice it when it was freshly flattened. I also saw Cat #7, the Hunting Cat. And I noticed the plumeria blooming near the hāpuʻu. I also decided to document the development of the mangoes on the tree by the upper parking lot.
Flattened Zebra Dove (Geopelia striata).
Cat #7, Hunting Cat.
Plumeria.
Mango shortly after flowering.

Before I started my morning walk, I checked the clouds to see whether it might precipitate on me; there were no clouds! So I took the hat that does not do well in the rain. But as I was making my way down Sierra I realized that I had made a mistake; I had forgotten that the wind had shifted and was coming from the opposite direction. And now I could see the rain clouds moving in! Fortunately for me, they did not bring any precipitation. I did not see any regulars on my walk or during my cool downs.
Five minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Fourteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Clouds coming in from the ocean 12 minutes after sunrise.
Clouds continuing to come in 48 minutes after sunrise.

Dad was just finishing breakfast in bed when I got there. He had only eaten a couple of bites of his fried egg sandwich but he had eaten all of his banana and most of his papaya. He drank all 120 ml of apple juice as well as the water.

Lunch today was Beef stir fry, Brown rice, Tossed salad, Red velvet cake, and Split pea soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 red velvet cake; yes, I gave him mine even though I said I wasn't going to do that the other day. I didn't want to see a red velvet cake go to waste. Dad also drank 120 ml of apple juice and about 60 ml of water.


The afternoon walk was under cloudier skies so it was cooler. I saw Shy Cat along with his friend Laidback Cat at Mike's place.

Shy Cat (L) and Laidback Cat.
The tree with few leaves has started to leaf out.
The tree on 03/27.
I don't remember what this tree is.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Keith! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanao to Helen & Sergio!

No comments:

Post a Comment