Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mothers' Day!

Today Maunalani had a breakfast for residents who wanted to celebrate Mothers' Day with their family; they could also reserve a space on any of the lanai or landings to do a more private gathering. There were quite a number of people who showed up to spend time with their moms!

When I started my morning walk I was a little sore from yesterday, by the time I was done I had worked all the kinks out. I saw Kelly & Abby this morning; in fact, Kelly & I had a great discussion about the hāpuʻu & how well it is doing. He said he's not sure what's up with the timer but he has found if he resets everything he can get it to work again. Abby, in the meanwhile, was trying to get me to throw her ball for her; Kelly had to hide it. I forgot to ask him if he was taking his mom out surfing; his surfboard was on his truck when I passed his house earlier. I did not see any other regulars.
Eight minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was still asleep when I arrived this morning. When he got up at 9, Dad ate all of the fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana! He drank 120 ml of apple juice and 60 ml water.

During my mid-morning walk I saw that the hāpuʻu was wet; it looked happy. I saw Suzette talking to a neighbor in front of her house.


During my cool down stretches I was able to see Haleakala in the distance. I again put my phone up against the binoculars to get a better photo of Haleakala.


Lunch today was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Garden salad, Red velvet cake, and Potato chowder. I love mashed potatoes but I was good and skipped them. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of red velvet cake; he drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.


The afternoon walk was hot as usual. I saw Tom with Jellie & Mero sitting in the shade at the bus stop. He was with Andrei, a Ukrainian who is living with them. I had a great conversation with them! The hāpuʻu was looking good and wet again; I canʻt figure out what timing schedule it is on.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Darla & Victor! Today is also Fibromyalgia Awareness Day; I am feeling the effects of my fibromyalgia as I recover from the continuous walking for the 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment