Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Cat Run, Part 2

The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes and I worked on putting up the shelf end of the cat run after he returned from work; I was supposed to work on it with The Potential Most Favorite Roommate while I waited for the Terminix guy this morning. But the Terminix guy came about 9:30 and The Potential Most Favorite Roommate got called to go in to work early for an emergency, so we had to change our plans. We did get the shelf end up; now only the netting needs to be stapled in place. We stopped before finishing it because we needed zip ties and there was a Pokémon Go that needed capturing at 6:30 on the 7th Avenue bridge. (More on that later.)


During my morning walk Ona & Rio caught up with me while I was on Lurline near the top. She said they had a great time on their China trip; I am hoping to hear more when we get together with Steph & Lorraine later in the summer. I also saw LaVie earlier; she had just missed the bus. We saw her again as we were getting to the circle; she was walking while she waited for the next bus. Then I saw her a 3rd time as she got off the bus at Waialae and started back up the hill; I was on my way home to wait for the Terminix guy. Again. I texted to let her know I saw her; she texted back, "👋 ... I missed the bus twice 😆"
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Spotted Dove remains; I think it flew up a little too late and hit the grill.

While I was doing my cool down stretches I also tried to locate the trees that the White Cockatoo was using as perches. It favors certain trees; if I can figure out which ones they are, I can also check them out from the street level while I walk and possibly see the White Cockatoo from a different angle and at a closer range.
L to R: Tree #1 (red), Tree #2 (blue), & Tree #3 (yellow).
L to R: Tree #2 (blue), Tree #3 (yellow), Tree #4 (orange), & Tree #5 (green).
It began to rain at the end of my cool down.

While I waited for the Terminix guy I did a small load of laundry; I wanted to wash my Patagonia UPF shirt so I could use it while working on the Kohala house. I hung the clothes out about 9, before the Terminix guy came. It wasn't Kimo today, it was Charles; he checked the inside first, then went around the outside of the house. By the time Charles was done, the clothes were dry! With the heat and light breeze it took about 1&1/2 hours to dry! How hot was it? Here's what my car said as I got ready to leave; once again it had been sitting in the garage for several hours before I took this photo.
Temperature in the shade at the house.
Temperature at Maunalani under the sun.

I had to skip my mid-morning walk. Even though Charles came earlier than I expected, by the time he was done I didn't have enough time to get there to do my walk before I would need to go in to help Dad with lunch. When I was signing in, I noticed that Shirley & her mom had not signed in; I was apprehensive about getting to the room. But Mr. Yamada was still there, sleeping peacefully. Mrs. Yamada, Shirley, & Guy showed up about 5 minutes after I did. And Guy brought me a bento from an okazuya place near where he works! They're such nice people!


Shirley's friend Dale stopped by & brought her a vegan Surfer Bowl salad from Leahi Health. It looked & smelled pretty good; I think I'll have to try it!


Lunch today was Kalua pork with cabbage, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Bread pudding, and Chicken gumbo soup. I offered Dad the bento & at first he said he wanted it but then he pushed it away and ate his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich. And 2 bread puddings!


Once again I skipped the afternoon walk; Mrs. Yamada needed someone to talk to again. I ended up giving them a ride to Guy's office so he wouldn't have to come all the way back up to Maunalani to pick them up. On the way back I stopped at Kokua Market to check in with Abdul; he was gone but John said to bring more pomelo in!

My roommates are doing their best to teach me about popular culture. Tonight, after picking up the zip ties at City Mill, I met them on the 7th Avenue bridge to learn about Pokémon Go; a Cresselia needed to be fought and captured. There were a whole lot more cars parked on the bridge than I have ever seen before! And then a bunch of walkers showed up; there were at least 20 people there trying to capture that Cresselia! After DT and The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes captured the Cresselia we went back home. I still have no idea what it all means. 🤷
Getting ready to find the Pokémon.
It's the bridge over the freeway.
Some of the other people playing Pokémon Go; there were at least 4 other cars there.
Eighty-seven seconds to go.
Fighting the Cresselia.

No comments:

Post a Comment