Monday, May 6, 2019

Another Good Day for Dad!

Dad got up & sat in his wheelchair starting with breakfast in the Orchid Dining Room; he shared a table with Mr. Shinagawa & Mr. Kam. Dad ate all of his fried egg sandwich, all of his papaya, and all of his banana! He also drank 120 ml each of apple juice & water. He did very well!
Waiting for his breakfast to show up.
Eating his fried egg sandwich.
Cutting up the banana.

But during breakfast Dad complained about his shoulder hurting and his range of motion has been severely limited for some time. I asked Nursing Supervisor Remy if an assessment can be done to see if PT might be helpful since he has arthritis which might make it difficult. She agreed, in the meanwhile (and possibly, in place of) we will use daily living activities to get him to try to move his arms more.

After breakfast CNA Angelica took Dad upstairs to the Castle Living Room and he did exercises with CNA Eena. Then he watched the Wakayagi Folk Dancing group that was doing a presentation for Boy's Day which was yesterday.
               
It was a little cooler this morning than it was yesterday. Before I started my morning walk, I checked the clouds; this time I paid closer attention to which direction the wind was coming from. It was predicted to change slightly from yesterday & it had; it looked good today. During my walk I saw Caroline & Olive. Later I saw Steve; I asked him about the concrete pumper truck I saw at his house last week. They are having stairs built in the back yard above the house & putting in a bocce court; he says the view is great!

Six minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I saw an eighth cat on the circle this morning; it looked like it was headed to Mike's house. I'm calling this one the Wild Cat; it looks like the Iriomote Yamaneko.


While walking up Lurline I was about to pass under a tree where I usually enter my checklist data in the shadows when something plopped out of the tree. It was bird poop from a Red-vented Bulbul; it missed! Must be all those karma credits I deposited! FYI If you are standing behind a raptor and it lifts its tail get out of the way FAST! When raptors poop it shoots out at about 45 degrees. Rapidly.
The Perpetrator.

During my mid-morning walk it was somewhat overcast so it was cooler than usual. I saw Mike as he was returning from his walk. I saw more Red-vented Bulbuls.

Flattened Red-vented Bulbul.
Red-vented Bulbul fledglings with a parent.

I broke the top of my facial cleaner container this morning. It was almost empty, maybe another couple of weeks and it would be done. But I have to buy another one now so it doesn't open up in my backpack and make a big mess. Aue!

Lunch today was Chicken fettucine alfredo, Key West blend vegetables, Tossed salad, Orange pound cake, and Minestrone soup. I ate the salad and chicken pieces only. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich & his dessert; then he asked me for my dessert! He drank 120 ml each apple juice & water. We stayed out on the 2nd floor lanai for quite a while after he finished lunch; it got pretty dark but never precipitated. All total Dad was in the wheelchair for about 6 hours.
Dad watches the clouds & planes while waiting for lunch.
Clouds just before noon.

Dad eats his dessert after polishing off his sandwich.
About 1 pm more clouds had moved in but no precip.
Dad also finished off my dessert.

My afternoon walk was under even cloudier skies than the mid-morning walk; I was concerned that it might drizzle. But it didn't. It just stayed cloudy; in fact, it felt almost as cool as the morning walk.


During my cool down period I saw a bunch of Common Mynas fighting in the lower parking lot.


This morning I found the bag of Carrot Cake Oreos on the kitchen floor; one of the cats, I am assuming Luna, had jumped on the counter and knocked it off. There were little teeth marks on the corners but they had not managed to open it up.


As we were cleaning up a broken cart The Potential Most Favorite Roommate found a cat toy that Vivian had bought for the cats a few years ago. Momo was the only one that would really play with it so after he never returned I put it aside and forgot about it. S'mores is more interested in it than Luna but they will both play with it.


On Saturday Curtis gave me my share of his winnings.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Gene, Patricia, Jennifer, & Erica!

No comments:

Post a Comment