Monday, October 21, 2019

Another Papaya Topped

Jon & his crew came by & worked on the yard today. They topped the northerly papaya tree as requested. The middle papaya was topped at the beginning of August. I will have the last one topped around the beginning of February. That way they will start producing fruit at a different rate.


On the drive up this morning I saw The Runner as she was nearing the park; I later saw her as she started up the circle, then again on her way down Lurline. During my walk I also saw Tina with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon as they were headed down Lurline. It was less muggy this morning with a very light intermittent breeze; an improvement over yesterday.
Twenty-five minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico and Mike & Laure & the Dog Pack. There was a light drizzle this morning and a single rainbow; the rainy season is starting so this will probably be an almost daily occurrence. I will try to limit my photos to the more spectacular ānuenue.
Another morning drizzle.
Another morning ānuenue.

Before I got to Dad's room, RN Christian asked about Dad's cough; yesterday I had asked LPN Chivas to note in the log for Dr. Griese that I wanted him to check out Dad's cough. I noticed the cough on Saturday, the same day he was complaining about his eye and sounding really hoarse. Christian said Dad was running a low grade fever this morning. He had only eaten his papaya, the fried egg sandwich was untouched; there were no bananas available today. He had not touched the apple juice or water either.

Dr. Griese dropped by to listen to Dad's lungs, he said it was "wet". He ordered a chest x-ray for a closer look. Since he came by early enough I still had enough time to get ready to do my mid-morning walk; initially I thought I would have to skip it. I think my body is getting used to the short little jog that I do in the  beginning of my walk; I am not breathing as hard when I finish & my respiration rate drops back to normal faster than when I first started it. The only regulars I saw were Rob & Lani who were just coming out of their gate when I went by.


Lunch today was Baked fish & dill sauce, Rice pilaf, Green beans with bacon, Garden salad, Fruit salad with whip (sic) cream, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad only ate about 1/4 of his peanut butter & banana sandwich and no dessert. He also drank only about 60 ml of cranberry juice. His low grade fever has really knocked out his appetite.


The x-ray technician came in the afternoon, about the same time I would be getting ready for my afternoon walk so I skipped the walk. Dr. Griese got the results later in the afternoon; I got a call from RN Fred later saying there is nothing to be concerned about. But we're still waiting for the final lab results of the eye swab cultures.

There was a small accident in the kitchen this evening. DT opened the refrigerator door and the rice steamer fell out spilling rice all over the floor; he picked up a bunch of it. Luna sniffed at the rice but walked away; S'mores ate a few grains then also walked away. We both said it would have been great to have a big dog!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment