Saturday, October 12, 2019

Drier Today

It was a nice dry walk this morning, no precipitation at all. But the sky was partly cloudy and there was a nice intermittent breeze. On my way up I saw The Runner headed back down Sierra and The 3 Fox Terrier Lady in the middle of her walk. During my walk Ona passed my as she went jogging up Sierra; later as I was near the end of my walk, I saw Lorraine walking up that same stretch of Sierra. Once again, she had several pikake blossoms for me.
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.


The deconstruction of the house at Lanipoko is coming along.There is only one wall standing now on the main floor; its to the left side. Now that much of the structure has been taken down I can see that it had a daylight basement with a great view. I can also see that there is another structure that has been built on the back of the property; I'll try to get a photo from a different angle that shows those features.


Even though CNA Jessa is on duty today, Dad was in bed eating breakfast this morning. They are putting the new flooring down in the dining room so all of the residents who usually eat here are either in their rooms or at the nurses station having breakfast. Dad ate all of his fried egg sandwich, as well as all of his papaya & banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 120 ml water.


It looks like one of the night-blooming cereus' is developing a fruit. I will watch it to see if it reaches maturity or if it just falls off.


My mid-morning walk was under a partly cloudy sky; so sometimes it was sunny but sometimes it was not. It made for a mainly pleasant walk. I saw Wilts and a woman I presume to be his significant other walking around the circle, holding hands. Later I met Mike & Max on Lurline; Max is an older yellow lab. Mike says he takes Max to work with him and they don't need a doorbell to let them know that a customer has come in. Though he barks a lot Max is a friendly guy.


I found some mushrooms in Sharon's parking strip. I need to pick one, check the gills, and do a spore print.


Lunch today was Saucy cabbage roll, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water. He did mention that he has a peanut butter & banana sandwich every day for lunch; I asked him what he thought of that. He said it was the best lunch and he could eat it every day!


I really need to stop skipping the afternoon walk! Last week I gained 0.7 pounds, the same amount I lost the previous week so, although I am not making any headway, I also did not lose any ground. But I am not follow Ruben Meerman's weight loss formula: eat less + move more + breathe. I am breathing but I am also eating more and moving less. Aue! I will have to make use of the portion of the Fitbit app that helps me track my my eating.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Kathy & Griffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment