Monday, October 7, 2019

Go For Broke!

Shane Sato's photo book, The Go For Broke Spirit, Volume 2, is now available for pre-order. We have not seen it yet, but I had been in touch with Shane to provide additional photos for him to include with the photos he took of Dad last March for this volume. For those of you in California, there will be 2 photo exhibits; one in San Jose with opening reception on October 19th and one in Los Angeles from November 3rd through 24th with opening reception on November 3rd.
Shane taking photos of Dad, March 20, 2018.

Now that the roofers are done I am back to my usual schedule. My morning walk was a little muggier than it has been; the trades are being blocked again by other weather. On my drive up I saw Ona & Rio just starting their walk and also Calvin the Recycler. Later I saw Sue walking Mickey & Bella. During my walk I saw Ona & Rio up on the circle, she walks very fast! Below the park I saw Lynnette. And just before I finished my walk, up ahead, I saw Ken with Toto & Chico.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Ten minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Unfortunate toad.

Lorraine came by with more double pikake blossoms this morning. She said she decided to walk even if its not the weekend since she had a bunch of blossoms. She gave me 3 so I shared them with others. I left one at the main reception desk, gave one to April at the 1st floor reception desk, and left the last one at the 2nd floor computer station just outside Dad's room.
Double pikake.
Pikake for the main reception desk.

Dad was in the Plumeria Dining room this morning; Mr. Miyahira joined him later. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya & banana. He drank 60 ml orange juice but no water.


While I was completing the circle I saw Suzette as I was finishing off my last section of jogging. She mentioned that jogging downhill was hard on the knees; she's right. I may look in to jogging up hill between light posts. Down by the park I saw The Other Wendy. Near the top of Lurline I saw the woman I had seen earlier going in to the house where Caroline & Olive used to live; Tina was walking with her dog Massimo. She said she is renting from the person who owns the house, though she didn't say who that was.


While I was walking up Lurline, passing Leslie's house, I saw some orchids in bloom. They are at the base of a tree in her yard. I had never noticed them before.


Lunch today was Seafood pasta primavera, Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad, Peach cream cake, and French onion soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut  utter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of cake. He drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


It started to rain in the afternoon shortly before I was going to get ready to walk; it was heavy enough I decided not to walk. It started to taper off about the time I would have been about half way through my walk.
Drizzly day.
Runoff from the downspout.

When I got to the car I realized that I had left the windows slightly open to let out the hot air. Which also let the rain in. A lot; I'm glad I have Wet Okole seat covers! It continued to rain as I did my errands later.
Rain at Maunalani.
This is how much rain got in the car.
It was still raining about an hour later.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Andrea & Kari!

No comments:

Post a Comment