Sunday, October 13, 2019

Wet Morning

It was drizzling when I got in the car this morning. It slowed down and appeared to stop by the time I got to the parking lot. But as I was on the circle, it started drizzling again; I took shelter under the eaves of Chip's garage. It slowed down so I decided to at least complete the circle. Then it began to drizzle again; I took shelter at the bus stop. I kept checking out the sky as I walked and it actually looked like it was clearing up! So I decided to keep on going. It drizzled one more time down by the park; I sheltered under the large false koa that is next to the one the kids' swing is mounted on. I only saw one person during my walk, it was Calvin the Recycler. It was drier during my cool down stretches. I saw Kavita and Mike & Lori & the Dog Pack.
Twenty-five minutes before sunrise at home.
Twenty minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I kept going because I really wanted to see how much farther along they were with deconstructing the house at Lanipoko. I checked more closely from a different angle; I think they might be leaving the rest of the structure up. The garage for the original house was under it; there was a car parked there today. And I could see another house on the lower level.
Not much change from yesterday.
Looking down the driveway you can see a car in the garage and a building past the other car.

Because of the rain delays, I was a little later than usual in getting to Dad's room; he was just finishing his breakfast in bed when I arrived. Dad ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml of cranberry juice but no water.

As I was leaving the building for my mid-morning walk I saw Chloe sitting on the bench by the main door; she was getting ready for her shift. I stopped to give her my condolences over the loss of her grandmother. We got to talking about other things and before either of us knew it half an hour had passed! She had to get in to work and I had run out of time to complete my walk! But I enjoyed spending the time to just talk with her.

Lunch today was Pork tofu, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Tossed salad, Carmel cheesecake, and Garden Vegetable soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 cheesecakes. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice and 60 ml water. Then he ate a vanilla ice cream.


I skipped the afternoon walk again; I was really tired again. I think it is the warmer temperatures that are sapping my energy.

Here's a photo of the egg slicer without an egg so you can see the detail. I have no idea where Mom got it or how long ago she got it. I'll have to take it to the Big Island and pair it up with the chicken shaped egg cooker.


Shy Cat was sitting in Dr. Lothar's driveway this morning; Sleepy Cat was just inside the gate. But not for long. Shortly after I walked past them it started to rain and I took shelter under the eaves of Chip's garage; he's their next door neighbor. I'm pretty sure the cats also moved.


No comments:

Post a Comment