Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!

I went to Curtis & Lori's for Halloween tonight. I only brought a mango pie for the potluck; I didn't have time to make the deviled chicks or screaming bread. They said they had less kids come by this year than in the past; only 97 as opposed to over 120. There was lots of food, some which made me go over my carb limit a bit; it was those culturally significant carbs! It will be a good test to see what it's doing to my ketogenesis tomorrow.
Unbaked Hawaiian Pie Co. Mango Pie.
The salad end of the table.
Salmon & sushi.
Somewhat dessert end of the table: chips & dip. butter mochi, and mango pie.
Lots of mango filling in this pie!

There were more Halloween decorations and costumes at Maunalani today. Curtis' fellow Steelers fan RN Fred came wearing his Polamalu jersey, complete with helmet & water bottle! 
At the main reception desk.
RN Fred.

Activities Director Czarina.

On the drive up this morning I saw Calvin the Recycler starting up Sierra and later I saw The Runner on Lurline. During my sunrise walk I saw Lynnette & June twice but didn't see any other regulars. During my cool down stretches I saw Mike & Laure and The Dog Pack. It was a little cooler but also a little muggy since there was very little breeze this morning.
Fifteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room having breakfast at a table with Mr. Pires. He ate 1/4 of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


There was a strategically placed cloud during most of my mid-morning walk which made it a little cooler. I think I am getting more comfortable with the short bit of jogging that I am doing but I think I will hold it at this level for a little longer. I did not see any regulars today.


We had lunch on the lanaʻi again; one of the aides brought Dad down & set him up outside while I was changing my clothes. Lunch today was Salmon croquette, Steamed rice, Malibu blend veggies, Garden salad, Brownie, and Egg drop soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 1 brownie. He only drank 120 ml cranberry juice.



I skipped the afternoon walk; I left early to bake the pie and give myself enough time to get through rush hour traffic. I also needed a nap or I would be a zombie for Halloween! I was up at 1:30 and 2:30 am to call Kai so he could get to an important appointment on time. As it turned out, even though he allowed for 2 hours of drive time, he was late. He had to do a 1 hour drive during the morning rush hour; it took him 2&1/4 hours! But since the 1st part was filling out paperwork, he was there on time for the substantive part of the appointment.

I checked the Wireless Whiskers when I got home and found that yesterday S'mores ate for 23 minutes! That's even more than Xander ate! Luna only ate for 14 minutes. The Roommates will definitely have to adjust S'mores' time & cut her off sooner!
The "G" is for the color of the tag.


My plan to give myself a little more time to get through rush hour traffic didn't quite work out well. But that was because of the volume of rush hour traffic; according to the radio traffic lady Danielle Tucker there is always a big traffic mess on Halloween. Today was no exception; a drive that normally takes me about 30 minutes took me 1 hour & 27 minutes; except for the 1st 1 minute or so on the freeway I never got over 25 mph (and that was only for the last mile or so). Coming back about 8:30 pm it took only 24 minutes. Aue!
The exit I want is 2 miles past the exit noted on the reader board.
Lots of cars in both directions!

I skipped the cranberry juice this morning; my urine reading after my sunrise walk was 5 mg/dL (i.e., trace). So it appears it does not make a difference for my ketone levels whether I drink the cranberry juice in the morning or not; it just significantly affects my carb load for the day. The rest of my day was pretty much the same as it has been for the last couple of days; ketone bodies at trace levels until a couple hours after the sunrise walk, then slowly increasing with a peak a couple hours after lunch, then decreasing.
1:33 am, 5 mg.dL; after the call to Kai.
5:41 am, 5 mg/dL; upon waking.
7:37 am, 5 mg/dL; after the sunrise walk.
10:03 am, 15 mg/dL; before the mid-morning walk.
11:19 am, 15 mg/dL; after the mid-morning walk.
1:41 pm, 40 mg/dL! After lunch & returning home.
4:20 pm, 15 mg/dL; before going to Halloween potluck.
9:17 pm, 15 mg/dL; after Halloween dinner.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Dean, Cheech, & Geoffrey! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo to Judith & Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment