Wednesday, October 9, 2019

I'm Late!!!

I woke up late this morning. How late? My alarm that lets me know it is 25 minutes before sunrise is what woke me up! I skipped a couple of my usual morning routines and got out the door about 14 minutes before sunrise. I started my walk 2 minutes before sunrise which is about 8 minutes late; I was able to make up 24 minutes. Most of the time I made up was due to going straight up Wilhelmina which cuts my travel time by about half.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.

On my drive up I saw the The 3 Fox Terrier Lady, it looked like she also got a late start. I also saw Ona & Rio starting up Lurline and The Runner headed down Lurline. The birds on the circle were very quiet; I think they had already dispersed because it was so light. I saw Art getting ready to start his day, then I saw Ona & Rio on the circle; I mentioned that I drove past her this morning and she noted she also saw me drive past yesterday. As I went by Ken's house I saw him in his yard. I saw Kathy near the park, adding books to the Little Free Library by Peter's house. By the park I also saw Lynnette, I saw her later on Lurline as she was on her way home. I saw The Couple in Black; they waved as they walked on the circle and I was still coming up Lurline.
Two minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Sixteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I saw a White-rumped Shama that had found a treat to eat; another shama came up and tried to steal it. Then another came along! They all started fighting over the food.


I saw the White Cockatoo this morning! It's been a while since I've seen it. I was alerted to its presence by the large flock of Rose-ringed Parakeets mobbing it. They were so persistent the cockatoo flew off after about 5 minutes of being harassed! It headed up the hill but I wasn't able to see where it went due to the large mango tree blocking my view.

Dad was in the Plumeria Dining Room for breakfast, sharing a table with Mrs. Pang. Later Mrs. Akiyama joined them. He ate half of his fried egg sandwich and all of his papaya and banana. He drank 120 ml of apple juice but no water.


My mid-morning walk started out nicely overcast but turned sunny about half way through. I saw LaVie in the distance walking Kila down Sierra; later I saw them heading down Wilhelmina. As I was going up Lurline I saw The Other Wendy on her way downhill.


During my mid-morning walk I began to check out how steep the uphill portions of the circle are going clockwise. The road is uphill immediately after leaving the driveway; but since I take my photo in this part I would not start jogging until after my photopoint. There are 2 additional sections before the crest of the hill. It looks doable for me, but just as I started slowly with the downhill jogging, I will start with one section and add another after a week of getting used to the different routine.
The 1st section immediately uphill of my photopoint.
The 2nd section near Art's house.
The 3rd section by Dr. Lothar's house; it begins to go downhill after the light post in the distance.

I also stopped to  check out the progress on the house near Lanipoko; it is being dismantled. Earlier this year the back part of the lot was cleared and leveled. I'm assuming a new house will be built where the old one is being removed.
Yesterday.
Today.

I also found these flowers on my mid-morning walk. I donʻt know what they are. I think it will be a while before I figure out what they area since they do not have much growing above ground to help me with identification. It looks sort of like a crocus, I think it is a bulb of some sort but I am not even sure of that. About half way down the hill there is an area that is just covered with these flowers; I will have to stop one day and see if the homeowners nearby know what they are.


Lunch today was Garlic chicken, Brown rice, Tuscan mix veggies, Carrot cake, and Thai chicken curry & rice soup. The soup was something else not the Thai chicken curry & rice; it was more like bland with black pepper. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and 2 pieces of carrot cake. He drank 120 ml orange juice but no water.


I am starting to see Halloween decorations popping up. I will try to post photos of decorations as I see them being put up.
On Lurline.

I skipped the afternoon walk, I was waiting for Tyler to come and interview Dad about his dietary needs. But Curtis arrived and Tyler was still making his way to Dad; he was at the room next door completing that interview.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Lori & Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment