Thursday, October 10, 2019

Happy 1st Birthday, S'mores!

Today is S'mores presumed 1st birthday. The Roommates were told by the people they got her from that she was 8 weeks old, an okay time for finding homes for kittens. When I asked them more questions before they brought her home it sounded like she was only 6 weeks old at the most. Then they took her to see Dr. Sylvester on November 10th last year; 2 days after they brought her home. Dr. Sylvester told them she was only 4 weeks old! So The Roommates chose October 10th as her birthday.
Arriving at her new forever home. November 8, 2018.
With Kai. November 25, 2018.
December 2, 2018.
Today.

On my way up I saw The Runner headed down Sierra again; I also saw Mary & Noe as they were just starting up Sierra. As I was walking I saw Mary & Noe again as they got to the top of Sierra. I also saw Kavita at the top of Sierra and Lynnette at the bottom of Lurline. I later saw Lynnette as she was on her way up Sierra. Towards the end of my walk I met up with Tina again; this time she had 3 dogs. Besides Massimo, who is a small wire-haired dog, she was also walking a medium-sized dog named Ink and a toy poodle named Chloe Bacon; it sounds like I will be seeing them on more of my morning walks.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Twelve minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

The house near Lanipoko is rapidly disappearing. It is being deconstructed by Reuse Hawaii to reuse and recycle as much of the old house s possible. I think they also deconstructed the house up on the circle where they also took down the trees.


Dad was having breakfast in bed when I arrived. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank 120 ml each of cranberry juice and water!

During my mid-morning walk I did a test jog from my photopoint to the next uphill light pole; it was more work than jogging downhill. I'll have to see how quickly my body acclimates to the additional work before increasing my workout to the next level. I saw Dr. Lothar weed whacking Chip's parking strip; I have seen him go one house further down and also weed whack Wilts' parking strip. I think that's part of what keeps him lively at 95 years old!


Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Steamed corn, Tossed salad, Brownie, and Chicken jook. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich & 2 brownies. He drank 120 ml cranberry juice but no water.


I skipped the afternoon walk; this heat is really sapping my energy. I had a great nap!

It was so hot when I got home I was sweating just walking from the door to my bedroom to drop off my backpack. I didn't even feel like heating up my dinner in the microwave! So I didn't. I just sliced up a boiled egg, added some sliced almonds, and poured some Creamy Ranch with Bacon dressing over the cold sauteed broccoli and zucchini. It was tasty! And didn't heat the house up any more than it already was.


This morning I saw Shy Cat & Sleepy Cat again. They are definitely bored with me! They were focused on something across the street that I couldn't see.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau also to Sufayatu!

No comments:

Post a Comment