Sunday, October 6, 2019

Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Biscotti

Yup. That's what I made this morning while hanging around while the roofers were here. My original recipe is just Macadamia Biscotti; its made with almond flour rather than wheat flour so it is low carb. Each piece of biscotti has 93 calories, 9g fat, & 2g protein. Each piece also has 7g total carbs & 1 g fiber for 6g net carbs. My first variation was adding 1/4 cup cocoa powder, this time I also added 1/4 cup chocolate chunks made with 44% cacao. These 2 additions increase the calorie count to 108, 10g fat, 2.3g protein, 9.6g total carbs, 1.6g fiber, for 8g net carbs.
The dry ingredients.
The first bake.
After the second bake; I already ate the broken one so thereʻs only 15 pieces here.

Baking first thing in the morning was bearable. I kept the hood fan on to suck some of the heat given off by the oven out of the house. I also had the floor fan on pulling cooler air from the garage through the kitchen and family room. It was better than I expected. I think I will do my baking early in the morning if I have the option.

The roofers finished around 2:30. Yesterday they thought they would finish about lunch time but they ran in to another small problem. Apparently one of the roofers went through part of the eave so they had to repair that; fortunately we had paint leftover from the recent repainting.

On the drive up this morning I passed LaVie but during my morning walk I saw no regulars. During my cool down stretches I saw Ken with Toto & Chico. Later Lorraine came by with more double pikake. She was walking with her friend Yan & her dog Lucky.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise.
Fourteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Three minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Last night I could smell the fragrance of mock orange; it seemed to fill the room. I thought it was coming from the Loi's hedge across the street; on the way out this morning I found it was coming from our little mock orange bush!  

I also found the source of the dead odor I occasionally smell in my bedroom. I thought that it was coming from the garbage cans that are just outside my window. But its not. It is a dead rat in the parking strip.  

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Brandton!

No comments:

Post a Comment