Thursday, October 17, 2019

New Chair

I have been noticing that the insertion end of my hip adductor muscles was sore from mid-morning through early evening. I suspected it was because of the chair that I sit in at Dad's room during the day since I didn't have the same problem on Fridays on my "day off". For the last couple of days I have been using one of the folding chairs and have not had any tenderness in that area. The difference between the chairs is that the folding chair is 2" lower so my feet actually touch the floor while my back is fully against the backrest. With the other chair, if my feet touch the ground my lower back is curved in an uncomfortable position because the seat pan is 3" longer than the folding chair's seat pan. If I position myself so that my back is supported, my feet dangle. Both positions put a strain on my hip adductors. Unfortunately, the folding chair is uncomfortable for Curtis so now we will have 2 chairs in the room. Fortunately, the folding chair can be stored behind the other chair so it won't get in the way when I am not using it. This should also be good for my knees.


During my drive up I passed Mary as she was starting down Lurline and The Runner just as she was getting to the parking lot. During my walk I saw The Motorcycle Guy's parked bike but did not see him going down the hill. I also saw Raymond putting out his green waste bin and Tina with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon on the circle; Ink was very excited to see me! As I passed by the top of Lurline I saw Ona & Rio in the distance on their way up. Then I saw Lynnette down by the park and later on her way down Lurline as I was on my way up. During my cool down stretches I saw LaVie just as it started to drizzle; after the drizzle I saw Ken with Toto & Chico.
Twenty-two minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Eleven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Five minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

While I was doing my cool down stretches it started drizzling. It was a very light drizzle, more of a mist, but there was enough in the air to create a double rainbow!
Looking easterly at the misty drizzle.
Looking westerly at the resulting double rainbow.

Dad was in bed; he had already finished his breakfast. He ate all of his fried egg sandwich, papaya, and banana. He drank about 90 ml cranberry juice but no water.

My mid-morning walk was pleasant; not too hot with a light breeze. I didn't see any regulars but I did note that The Motorcycle Guy's bike was gone.


Lunch today was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian mix vegetables, Tossed salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, and Cream of broccoli soup; I have 2 salads because 1 came on Dad's tray. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich but no honeydew cubes. He drank 120 ml apple juice and 120 ml Boost Breeze, but no water.

This is what it looks like with the curtains open.

I skipped the afternoon walk, I fell asleep again. I was awakened by my phone ringing. It turned out to be a robocall from Specturm telling me there was a change to my account. After a couple of calls I found out that my autopay did not go through in August. The Spectrum rep and I could not figure out why it did not go through; I have a very high limit on my Hawaiian Airmiles card and was no where near close to it. Aue! The rep re-entered all the info and was able to get it to work; I need to check after the payment in November to check if it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment