Thursday, October 24, 2019

Luna the Escape Artist, Part 2

I got a text this morning from The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes, "We closed the sliding door last night because Luna wound up in the front yard for some reason." Because I was home and it was heating up I closed the cat door off with the panel it comes with then added a tape "X" over the flap to give Luna visual cue that the door was closed off. She did not like that.


After The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes got back in the evening we went and checked the cat run; S'mores came out, too. We found the place where Luna got out; The Roommate secured it again. Luna was annoyed with that! She walked around the cat run meowing because she couldn't get out!
Luna is near the area where the netting was loose.

I was home today because I woke up with a sore throat. I think that perhaps I have been fighting something off; I went to sleep last night about 3 hours earlier than usual! And then I slept a lot this morning.


One of the things I did do today was get more information about ketogenic diets. I also logged today's food on Fitbit, Noom, and Carb Manager. Fitbit and Noom are similar in that they track the amounts of fat, carbs, protein, & calories that you eat. The difference is that the Noom app tries to change behaviors that sabotage your ability to successfully lose weight. So it sends you a lot of reminders and gives you a lot of information about the process. Carb Manager very specifically looks at how intensely you want to follow a ketogenic diet, then helps you track how you're doing. After 1 day of logging what I have eaten, I think I will use the Carb Manager app until the end of the year and see what happens.

I looked at several websites and figured out how much fats, carbs, proteins, & calories I should be eating each day. On a ketogenic diet you are limited to 20 to 50 g of carbs each day; I discovered my morning cranberry juice puts me over the standard Keto diet 5% carb allowance by twice as much. Since I drink the cranberry juice every day in order to minimize urinary tract infections, I searched through the 10 options for a diet that had more carbs and found that the Low Carb High Fat option would allow me up to 12% carbs or 35 g.
This shows the amounts for a standard Keto diet for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment