Friday, October 18, 2019

Dental Check-up, For Reals

I got a call this morning from Dr. Azuma's office. They wanted me to come in this afternoon; I said yes. It was good to get it over with. I did find out from Dr. Azuma that I have a small chip on the mesial surface of my last molar on the bottom right; that's the reason food keeps getting stuck between those teeth. He said I have another smaller chip on the left side; I don't get as much stuff stuck between those teeth. My next appointment with Dr. Azuma is in April next year.


This morning it was raining as I was getting ready to do my sunrise walk. I decided to get ready and head on up anyway; it had stopped by the time I got in the car. For most of my walk it was overcast but dry. I saw The Runner ahead of me on the circle, where I also saw Kylie & Satin, as well as The Motorcycle Guy's bike. When I passed by the top of Lurline I saw Tina by her driveway with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon. Near the bottom of Lurline, I saw Paul & Bodhi heading down Sierra. I also saw a flattened Giant African Snail and an updated Halloween decoration.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise at home.
Nineteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Nine minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
The Motorcycle Guy's bike.
Eight minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Flattened invasive Giant African Snail.
Decorations at Bo Derek's house, October 10th.
Decorations seen this morning.

As I was heading up Lurline I ran in to Loy; I used to see him at the bus stop by the park at the top of Wilhelmina Rise. He said he got up one day and was so weak he couldn't get out of bed; he was taken to the hospital. Since his foot has healed he is slowly getting back in to walking again; he walks every other day now. He walks from his house up to the bus stop at the top of Wilhelmina Rise, then rides the bus back to his house. As we neared the top of Lurline it began to rain; we sheltered under a tree until it stopped. During my cool down stretches it was misting; I didn't see any regulars but I did see another rainbow.
The light mist.
Only a single rainbow today.

After my cool down stretches, I finished weeding the hāpuʻu; it took about an hour. I will continue to work on it every month to keep the amount of grass rhizomes under control. While working on the weeding I saw Beam & Kira twice. LaVie also walked by as well as Noe.
Before.
All pau! For now.
New frond unfurling. There are 2 more just forming.

I got a little muddy so I took a shower as soon as I got home. Then I did the laundry to clean up my muddy clothes. By then it was time to leave for my mid-morning walk. During my walk I saw LaVie with Kila & Tazzie and The Other Wendy who was weeding her yard.


When I returned I hung out the laundry and noticed that one of the opuntia had a fruit forming!


I also packed a Halloween treat box for Kai. Most of the things are for him to share with his housemates. One is specifically for his 4-legged roommate Bear!
Halloween treats for Kai's household.
Various treats Kai likes.
And a treat for Bear! (The bottom one only.)

Earlier I had also bought a bag of candy for The Roommates & DT; it was a bag of Glow in the Dark Reese's. And they do glow in the dark! Sort of; you have to charge them up first. Under artificial light they glow dimly. They are much brighter if you expose them to sunlight; but then they would melt. Aue!

The special glow in the dark packaging.
After sitting under LED lights for an hour.

While I was picking up the Halloween treats, I saw something interesting. I did not know they made beer with rice!


On my way back from the dentist I stopped at Kokua Market to try their dinner service. I got the salmon dinner.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment