Saturday, October 19, 2019

Yum, Moldy Cake!

While I was straightening out the kitchen this afternoon I noticed that the birthday cake from one of the roommate's birthdays looked different. I looked closer. It was starting to get moldy. It's going out in the garbage tomorrow.


During my sunrise walk I saw a lot of people! I saw several people going up Sierra then later going down Lurline; Ona was jogging but Lorraine and Mary & Noe were walking. I also saw Melissa with Karpo & Lilly down by the park. I did not see The Motorcycle Guy or his bike this morning. But I did see a very badly flattened dove; so badly flattened that I couldn't tell which species it was. During my cool down stretches I saw Laure & the Dog Pack and Ken with Toto & Chico; there were no rainbows today.
Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Seven minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Eleven minutes after sunrise on Sierra.
Flattened dove; that's all I can tell at this stage.

I met The Couple in Black during my walk; they are Shelly & Dave from Lake Country, BC. I had initially seen them while driving in a couple weeks ago about a third of the way up Sierra; I found out they actually start from Palolo Valley! They come to Hawaiʻi each year for about a month; they're leaving in a couple of days. I hope to see them again next year.

There is more work planned for the Lanipoko house. Batter boards and string lines have been set up in front of what's left of the house.


Dad was finishing off breakfast in bed; he only ate half his fried egg sandwich but all of his papaya and banana. He drank only 120 ml juice but no water.

Dad's left eye was really red this morning; and he was complaining that it was sore. His right eye was its usual red. RN Fred came in to check on it; they will be requesting approval to culture it to see if it is conjunctivitis. Dad was very receptive to getting his eye drops this morning.

I fell asleep again and missed the mid-morning walk. This time I know why I'm tired; the new neighbors partied until after 1 am this morning! I should be more upset about it but I woke up when LPN Chivas came in to the room to do the swab so they can check if Dad has conjunctivitis. He also gave Dad his eye drops and vitamins. If I had been awake, I would have been out on my walk and unable to talk Dad through the procedure that Chivas needed to do.

Lunch today was Pork yakisoba, Seasoned broccoli florets, Tossed salad, Fresh pineapple, and potato chowder. I passed on lunch since there was very little I could eat while on a low carb diet. Dad ate all his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and all the pineapple. He drank 120 ml apple juice and 30 ml water. I left shortly after Dad finished lunch since I forgot to put a meat bar in my backpack for lunch; I'll have to throw one in as my emergency food source!

I went home and went to sleep! Hopefully the neighbors won't have another late night party tonight. When we get the new windows I should be able to sleep through their parties; the windows are double-glazed so they should deaden the sound. With the new air conditioning that will go in after the solar panels are installed I will be able to keep the windows closed to block out the noise.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Jackie, Alison, Kiko, & Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment