Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Taqueria El Ranchero

Because schools are on break this week traffic was very light so Curtis decided we could safely go to Wahiawa and back in a timely manner; so we went to Taqueria El Ranchero. We had seen ads on TV for it that said they served breakfast and they do! Curtis tried the Mexican Omelette and Mexican Coffee; I had Huevos el Rancheros and Horchata. This is the 2nd place that I have had huevos rancheros here; neither have been similar to what I would get when I ordered it in Washington.


Mexican Omelette.
Huevos El Rancheros.

On my drive up this morning I saw Mary and Calvin the Recycler starting up Sierra; I later saw Mary heading back down Lurline as I finished the circle. Then I saw Calvin the Recycler as he walked through the parking lot at the park then again as he came down Wilhelmina Rise. I also saw Kathy again, once on Sierra and then again on Lurline. During my cool down stretches I saw LaVie, Ken with Toto & Chico, and Laure & the Dog Pack. As I was leaving, I saw LaVie again heading uphill on Lurline.
Twenty-four minutes before sunrise on Wai'alae.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Originally it looked like we would get back in time for me to do the mid-morning walk then go in to get Dad ready for lunch. But as we headed back we ran in to a whole bunch of slow traffic; it turned out to be caused by 2 problems. One was a stalled car in the left lane; we quickly got past that one. The other was more serious; a car was somewhat crunched at both ends. There were 2 police cars there also, so people slowed way down.

When I did finally get in to sit with Dad I found that I had 2 e-mails from Arielle at RevoluSun; the 1st said that HECO has given  conditional approval for our Customer Grid Supply (CGS) application! RevoluSun now needs to work on the Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Interconnection Project Validation Packet. The 2nd e-mail was the completed system design by Matt; I need to review & approve it. The installation will begin some time in early to mid-November.

If I had eaten lunch today it would have been Sweet & sour pork, Steamed rice, Garden salad, Brown sugar coffeecake, and Egg drop soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and the cake; he drank 120 ml apple juice but no water.

I got so wrapped up in updating the Breakfast List I forgot about the time and missed my afternoon walk. It would have been a good one, too, it was overcast with a light intermittent breeze. But I needed to get home and make my dinner for the next few days; I picked up an onion to throw in the mix.

I sauteed up the broccoli and zucchini that I got from Kokua Market yesterday. Then I mixed some of the turkey loaf in to a serving of the sauteed vegetables along with the tomato based sauce that the turkey loaf was baked in. It was delicious! I forgot to add the onion. I found Mom's shiitake mushrooms; I will hydrate a handful then slice them up and sauté them with onions tomorrow to add to the vegetable mix.

I saw Shy Cat & Sleepy Cat at Dr. Lothar's this morning. They are becoming bored with me!
L to R: Sleepy Cat & Shy Cat.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Faye!

No comments:

Post a Comment