Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Koa Pancake House

We went to the Koa Pancake House on King Street; earlier we had tried the one in Kaimuki. There are 6 other locations on the island and the son of the first owners wants to make it a nationwide chain. We both had the Chorizo Omelette; Curtis had his with wheat toast, I decided to do mine with pancakes. After all, it is a pancake house.

The Toppings Bar.
Chorizo Omelette, Pancakes, & Toast

After breakfast we headed to Dad's quarterly Care Conference at Maunalani. RN Supervisor Remy led the meeting which was also attended by RD Tyler, SW Kristen, and CNA Kiʻini. Basically, since we come almost every day there is not much that we needed to be brought up to speed about. One of the key things we learned is that his fluid intake has increased from 760 ml/day to 1085 ml/day; Tyler would like it to be at least 1500 ml/day. Dad's weight is at 145.2, his BMI is 26.6, and he is eating about 80% of what is presented to him; all of these are okay.

On the way up to do my morning walk I saw The 3 Fox Terrier Lady down on Sierra. I also saw Tina with Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon just outside their house. During my walk I saw Tina, Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon again on the circle, along with Kavita and Ona. The Motorcycle Guy's bike was parked near the Lanipo Trailhead again, later I saw him on his bike coasting past the park. I also saw Lynette down by the park then later at the top of Sierra. I also saw LaVie and Calvin the Recycler. During my cool down stretches I saw Tina, Massimo, Ink, & Chloe Bacon once again!
Twenty-five minutes before sunrise on Waiʻalae.
Thirteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.
Four minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

Reuse Hawaiʻi appears to be done deconstructing the house at Lanipoko. Their equipment is gone and the former floor has been covered with plastic; the remaining wall is there to support the wiring for the main house on the lower level.


As I was leaving I saw Steph walking back down, she was about a block from her house. I went around the block and pulled in to her driveway. She said today was her 3rd day back at walking; she had some minor surgery and was not allowed to exercise until last week. When I got ready to leave I found my battery was dead; apparently even though the ignition is off, as long as the key is in the ignition the lights stay on! Note to self: remove the keys whenever you step out of the car! Steph's husband Gary helped me jump the Subaru. I was able to get back to the house 10 minutes before Curtis picked me up for breakfast!

If I had eaten lunch today it would have been Fish nitsuke, Brown rice, Stir fry vegetable blend, Garden salad, Pineapple upside down cake, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate all of his 1/2 peanut butter & banana sandwich and dessert. He drank 120 ml each of apple juice and water.

I noticed today that they have taken the lock off of the door of the bathroom in Dad's room. I'm pretty sure they did that because his roommate Mr. Pires kept getting away from the staff and locking himself in the bathroom. He didn't seem to realize there is another door from the other room so staff could come in from that side to make sure he was safe.


I skipped my afternoon walk; I fell asleep multiple times today and one was when I should have been getting ready & walking. Because I missed the walk I was able to be there when Chris came by with Therapy Dog Yuki. Dad was awake so he pet Yuki for a few minutes.

I saw this cat down the lane near Koa & Kuma's house. I have seen it one other time but it was loping away down the driveway.
Cat #15 Alert Cat.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to cousin Michael! Today would also have been Mrs. Iseri's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment